Medal of Honor: Sound Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor: Sound Issues

i have just installed medal of honor - allied assault, but there is no sound effects.

there is music, engine noises, speech, but no noises such as gunfire etc.

i have direct x 8.1, windows xp and just installed the latest audio pci drivers.

can anyone help please?

thanks

So it didn't work with the inbuilt XP driver?

Comment

no

it prompted when it was installing to upgrade to direct x, and i had 8.1 so it didnt...then when i played the game it has no sound, i quit went online and got the creative drivers, no help...

Comment

Very strange Thoric.....

I have MOHAA running perfectly with a SoundBlaster Live!, maybe we could ask if anyone here has a SoundBlaster PCI128 like you? :?:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Did you use Windows Update (WU) to update your sound drivers? I built a PC awhile back for a customer and after a few weeks she had sound problems. I had set the WU to autoupdate and it had found and installed a "newer" driver that had passed "certification". Fine, but all it did was frig up the sound completely.....MP3's were all scratchy, etc. I downloaded the drivers from the sound card manufacturer. Then over Windows strong objections to the "unsigned driver"; I installed it, which corrected the problem.

Comment

yay i got it working :), i tried re-installing the game completly, bingo....:p :p

btw, i updated my sound card drivers via soundblasters site.

thanks anyway guys for your ideas. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X