Albatron Mini-ITX KI690-AM2 Reviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albatron Mini-ITX KI690-AM2 Reviewed

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Albatron Mini-ITX KI690-AM2 Reviewed"

Re: Albatron Mini-ITX KI690-AM2 Reviewed

What were the resolutions used to test the games?

Hello, you mention several times that this is a perfect board for an HTPC. So why didn't you test it as it would most likely be used for.

Most people looking at an Mini-itx board with no PCI-E port could care less about game frame rates. if they did you should be testing the framerates on a HD tv at 720P and 1080I/P resolutions.

Benchmarks should be done with TV display benchmarks. How well does it handle 2:3 pulldown. Can the onboard graphics handle Blue-ray and HD-DVD on a 1080P set.

What is the quality of the onboard sound?

Comment

Any word on when these boards will be available on the store shelves? I e-mailed Albatron but did not get a response... I ain't getting that warm and fuzzy feeling about Albatrons customer service.

Comment

I've browsed around the web and aside from this site and a three German sites, it pretty much impossible to find a retailer that carries this board. Albatron's website has a list of resellers that don't even have Albatron products period, some links won't work.

Kudos, to tweaktown for such an excellent review, I look forward to seeing more.

Update: I got a response from Albatron today, well sort of, Albatron forwarded an email to someone from e23inc.com. Anyone get the similar email? I am going to call the number and see what they can do.
        Last edited by Typ0; 08-14-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

i get the same email and Albatron said e23inc.com are the only company carry ki690-am2 in north america.
          http://123raid.com/contactus.aspx

Comment

I had mine for about 4 months now...paired with a BE-2400 and now I have a decent HTPC. What was the memory timing used for this review? 5-5-5-18 2t? I can't seem to get the system stable at 1t so limited gaming here.

Comment

Working...
            X