No announcement yet.

What do yo guys think about this setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do yo guys think about this setup?

i am interested in this setup:
    AMD 2000+
    Cooler Master HHC-001 w/ heat pipe
    ABIT KX7-333R VIA KT333 w/RAID
    1 GIG of PC2700 memory
    PNY Verto GeForce 4 TI4600
    Creative 5.1 w/ Line Drive
    Plextor 40x CD-RW
    Samsung 52x CD-Rom
    Two Western Digital 7200 RPM 80 GB Special Edition 8 MB Buffer HD (ATA-100) w/ RAID Setup
    AOpen HX08 Full Tower Case (300 W)

There...any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly valued...Thank you in advanced!
    - Damien

I prefer Antec cases, but still looks like its gonna be an awesome system to me:flames:

Comment

Sounds ok but do yourself a favour and at least spend a few extra dollars and get a 350w power supply. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Agreed with Wiggo. 300W is pretty risky for that setup, despite that AOpen PSU's are pretty darn good.

Comment

yea i know Morgan & Wiggo; i choose the AOpen case because it has optional 350W and 400W PSU aside from its already 300W. Oh, and Wiggo "sounds ok"...? is the setup not so good or is it ok meaning o thats good Flaco..cuaz if it isn't please give me a few pointers and that goes for all you good peeps out there keep them ideas coming thx!...i appreciate it! :)
          - Damien

Comment

Screamin.:thumb: About the only thing that I recommend is a DVD-Rom vs. a Cd-Rom. Abit all the way.

I'm predicting that you will score at least a 10,000 in 3DMark2001 without overclocking. Guys in my processor class (XP1800+) with a Ti4600 score about 9800. So I'm sure with extra MHZ you'll score 10,000+.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dragon
              [B]Screamin.:thumb: About the only thing that I recommend is a DVD-Rom vs. a Cd-Rom. Abit all the way.

Thanks for the confidence...nice numbers too...appreciate it man.....and i'll keep that thought in mind about the DVD vs. CD...any particular reason besides watchin movies (not a big "computer movie watcher" i have a small home theater so..thats cool for me) Thx AGain.:D Anyone object the use of cooler master's HEat Pipe HS&F?
              - Damien

Comment

A few multi CD games have been brought out on DVD too. :smokin:

Comment

o thats right ....thanks Wiggo...:)
                  - Damien

Comment

and a couple applications.... and now that DVD-R is getting cheaper, people will start to use DVDs for file storage...

Comment

I"M SOLD!...dvd it is...besides they really aren't too expensive anyways. Might as well...Thx Beefy and everyone else...for the knowledge;) .
                      - Damien

Comment

Awesome pc but..
                        In my opinion that case is terrible. I had a hands on view and analysis of it. It looks ok but i think its kinda hard to work in compared to a Lian Li case. But that is my opinion..
                        Don't ask me I chose my codgen case instead of the aopen :P

Comment

Thanks for the aopen opinion M-Kong, now i am leaning towards a Cutom Chenming Black 601 Case, it looks really nice, has 5 fans in total. I found the case at coolerguys.com; i was wondering if it included a Power Supply which i think it doesn't... :confused:
                          - Damien

Comment

I fund my case cheap at Colorcases.com but it doesn't bring a PSU...i saw 500W US$85 (RaidMax) and a 400 US$75 (also RaidMax) anyone dealt with these PSU's and what do you think about the pricing?...is 500W too much?...thx in advance...PEACE!
                            - Damien

Comment

The AOpen HX08 case is AWESOME... but as Andy has found out it's a real ***** to carry around due to its size and weight :(

The AOpen H600A (what Andy and I have) is a tallish midi-tower, and is much easier to carry around than the HX08 but more spacious than a normal midi-tower :)

Consider it anyway - just a suggestion ;)
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                              X