PDA

View Full Version : RAID BIOS update question

Mr.Tweak
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Hello all,

It's a little quiet still, so I might as well get things started!

I am using a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 (rev. 1.0) motherboard running RAID 10 off the ICH8R controller.

I want to upgrade to the latest BIOS from your website (F11) but I am concerned that upgrading the BIOS may break my RAID array. Am I safe to upgrade the mobo BIOS?

Thanks! :beerchug:

GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I Don't think update bios will break the RAID array.
Just make sure you were seting "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" under the integared Peripheralmenu to RAID.

Mr.Tweak
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I Don't think update bios will break the RAID array.
Just make sure you were seting "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" under the integared Peripheralmenu to RAID.

I see - so after I finish the BIOS update and at the first POST (once the PC turns on), I should go into the BIOS first and ensure it is set to RAID before I try loading Windows?

:Peace!:

Mr.Tweak
08-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Just to report, I upgrade from BIOS F6 to F11 (yes, I am lazy when it comes to BIOS updating) and there were no problems at all - it even preserved all of my BIOS settings including the important RAID options!

:clap:

GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Yes, update bios will not even change your bios setup.so if anyone had trouble in it, just make sure you were seting "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" under the integared Peripheralmenu to RAID.

Mr.Tweak
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
GIGABYTE @BIOS makes life easy, too!

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx