PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner

vicky
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
I haven't visited this forum to post any questions for quite awhile now...so I log on and find 1 new message (unread) in my inbox?? Msg d/d 6/13/2007 is entitled "Greetings" - turin. How do I know its 'safe' to open this msg...especially since i am not expecting any msgs at all...and how do i delete it without deleting everything else in my "folder".

My reason for a new post is this: when i run CCleaner "Scan for issues" it finds a lot of entries. How do i know which ones are safe to 'fix'. Also, if i should do a registry backup, can i delete the reg backup later if there are no future problems once the "Issues" are fixed? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks.

PrairieDawg
08-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I've been using CCleaner at default settings for awhile now I haven't had it wipe out anything that I really cared about so far. You can easily uncheck the items that you don't want it to scan for if you want to save some stuff such as "recent documents list" or "internet history". For the most part it just removes extra garbage that most people don't need.

As for reg backup files: go ahead and delete them if it amuses you although it may not be a bad idea to keep one fairly recent reg backup "just in case". There is no harm in keeping such a small file.