GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Hello everyone, new to this forum. I have looked everywhere for a solution to my motherboard problem, hopefully the Gigabyte rep. can help. I have a GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard that I can't get completely stable as I have revision 1.1, it has BIOS version F2. To try and remedy the instability, I flashed to newer BIOS version F4G successfully. The system rebooted, and I went into BIOS and loaded optimized defaults, then booted into Windows. After booting into Windows XP, system became unstable, quickly showed a BSOD, then rebooted. Upon rebooting, the system powers up for 3 seconds (no video, no error beeps) then resets before POST, repeatedly. I have tried clearing CMOS, removing components, nothing works. I tried my PSU in another system and it works fine, my memory has passed memtest for twelve hours before the problem. Is there a fix to this problem, or will I have to RMA this board?

My system: Intel Q6600 quad 2.4 GHZ, Crucial Ballistix PC8500 memory (2*1GB), 320 GB Seagate hard drive, EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB video card, Rosewill RD600n power supply, Scythe Ninja cpu cooler w/Silenx Ixtrema 120MM fan, and 2 dvd burners running Windows XP Professional. Thanks for any help in advance. Others have the same problem with this board, and have found no luck.
    Ive searched and tried every option I could find on these boards. Nothing has helped. Im not sure what exatly happened to my new comp. Gigabyte P35c-DS3r Intel Q6600 @ Stock 2g Crucial Ballistix @ stock EVGA 8800gtx @ Stock SB-Xfi Extremegamer WD 150g Raptor Cosair 620w PSU Heres what...

Last edited by rkl525; 08-21-2007, 05:38 PM.

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Hi
    The F4G BIOS is a still a Beta BIOS.
    That might be still have some issue.
    Will you try other edition?

Please give me your mail address.
    I will send you the F3 BIOS by email.

IF it's still have any issue, please let me know.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh; 08-21-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I flashed the BIOS, because my system was unstable at stock settings. I was hoping a newer revision would solve the problem. BIOS version F3 is not available on the Gigabyte website, it jumps from F2 to F4G. How can I reflash if the board won't post? It restarts every three seconds before POST. I tried clearing CMOS, removing components, testing components in other systems, everything works except the motherboard. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thank you for your help.

Comment

I sent you the mail.
        Please check your mail box.

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for the BIOS update. Any suggestions on how to flash it since my system repeatedly resets before it gets to POST? Clearing CMOS doesn't work. No video, no error beeps.

Comment

Can you get into The BIOS Main Menu?
            If you can, please push [F8] Main Menu to update your bios with floppy.

Comment

I cannot get that far Janus. System just keeps rebooting before POST. Any other tips?

Comment

The other way is when your system root, push [end] to get into Q-Flash utility for BIOS update.

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm new here and i found this thread with google because i have exactly the same problem here.
                  My P35C-DS3R boots and reboots and reboots and ... You don't get any post so you can not go into bios and flash it or change something about it. The hint with the "end" key does not function.
                  I changed Ram, Graphics, CPU, nothing helped.
                  I'll bring it back to the resaler. It worked only for 2 days.
                  Greetings

Comment

Same here. Nothing was overclocked.

System was stable for 4 days. Then Vista 64 loaded with the green bar--and just froze. Pressed the restart button on the system case, and the computer just rebooted over and over and over

Took everything out piece by piece. Kept rebooting with just the CPU (Quad core q6600) and the power supply

Took the power supply out. Tested it in another system. Power supply (Antec 850W) works fine in another system.

Took everything out piece by piece . . .

Dead motherboard

I am returning this board for a refund, and I'm going to try a different motherboard. There's no point getting another GA-PS35C-DS3R motherboard and risking the same issue that a number of people (who may be in the minority, but exist nonetheless) are having.

Comment

Dear Jackrip5 and Webslinger

Both of you are useing F4G BIOS?

If the answer is yes, maybe you can try F3 BIOS.

Send me a mail if you need this BIOS.

[email protected]

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                        Dear Jackrip5 and Webslinger

Both of you are useing F4G BIOS?

If the answer is yes, maybe you can try F3 BIOS.

Send me a mail if you need this BIOS.

[email protected]

Thank You.
                        Hi Janus,

Unfortunately, with this issue, it's impossible to flash any bios. The computer will not get a chance to show anything on the monitor before it reboots by itself. I can not get into the bios main menu. I can not get into the Q-Flash utility either.

If the issue is the F4G bios, then it's killing this motherboard. If you believe the F4G bios is creating this issue, then I would suggest Gigabyte remove that file from its website immediately.

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Comment

Hi Webslinger

I will talk to pm about this,
                          and about the reboot issue.
                          If you can boot to DOS then can use flash8xx to update BIOS.
                          If not, please send the MB back to RMA to fix it.

Thank You
                          Last edited by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh; 08-28-2007, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hi Janus, thx for reply.

Just like webslinger said, u can't get a chance to flash it because it shuts down less than 2 seconds after it startet (there is not post, no screen, no beep, simply nothing). And as long you keep the board on surge, it doesnt stop with it (starting - shuting off - starting - shutting off - and so on until you pull the power).

For your info, it was the f2 bios.

I had contact with the reseller, i'll receive another one. I like this DDR2/DDR3 feature and i'll give it second try (besides i dont want to reactivate all the MS Stuff either ;-) )

Greetz

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X