why is there such a lack of releases for pc games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is there such a lack of releases for pc games

For instance stuntman ignition is out for 360 ps3 and wii but not pc.

project gotham 3 would of been awesome for my pc

same goes 4 forza 2

i hope grand theft auto 4 will be out 4 pc otherwise rockstar games will be letting us down yet again same s they did by bringin bully out

really wanted a shot tuntman seen the advert 2 da same goes 4 forza **** u microsoft they know what their doin makin people go and waste money on a lame 360 when they got 8800 in sli sat at home
    dont they realise theyre losing money cos peope r goin out and buyin ps3 and they could have really reeled a lot of by being versatile

genuine lovers of my microsoft we salute cos microsoft rocks

microsoft r z ocp of the future

for those of you who do kow what ocp is think robocop

ps
    i do not upload at all but iama ery good seeder as i leave them to seed for days
    if any1 can tell me sum good websites to get downloads from give me a shout also if any 1 could send me invite let me know @

im not mentioning any names for websites cos im not gonna help em get in crap
    [email protected]

Re: why is there such a lack of releases for pc games

the consols like to have exclusive games and thus tend to write contracts to prevent other versions being released.

thats one of the reasons
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

It is a bit of a shame some more of the "other" genre games (you know, other than FPS/RTS/RPG) can't also see release on the PC, but whenever I get a press release sent across about a new game coming out, I'm actually a little surprised about how many are aimed for a PC release.

It's not a huge amount, but when I'm posting news on TTGamer about a new game coming out, I'm often pleasently surprised about how many times I find myself typing "coming for release on PS3, 360 and PC".

In any case, you have to consider that for any game that will struggle to sell well on a console, it will only struggle a lot more on PC in most cases. When you combine this with what Kheldar said about exclusivity (which literally sells consoles), then I think that explains a lot of the reason why.

Comment

In any case, you have to consider that for any game that will struggle to sell well on a console, it will only struggle a lot more on PC in most cases. When you combine this with what Kheldar said about exclusivity (which literally sells consoles), then I think that explains a lot of the reason why.[/quote]

u mean people are silly as sheep en u wreckon theyll bring an emulator for 360 games en

Comment

Emulator's never work well and they never allow you to properly play a game. Besides, consoles do run games better for the most part. Us PC gamers need our heads examined for trying to keep these things powerful enough to play the latest releases on.......
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
            Emulator's never work well and they never allow you to properly play a game. Besides, consoles do run games better for the most part. Us PC gamers need our heads examined for trying to keep these things powerful enough to play the latest releases on.......
            Agree with that! I have an NES emulator (I got an NES but I left it behind) and some games hang. I got also a PSX emulator (ePSXe) but it sucked so I purchased a Sony PSone. (I like Spyro!)

On Best Buy, I tried playing a PS3 and it rocks, totally. And $1800+ for a PS3 and a 50" plasma vs. $10000 for The Slayer? No contest there.

Comment

OMG there are too many good games coming to the PC...

Oh and GTA4 won't be out till 2nd quarter 2008.

The Settlers 6 and Crysis are the two I'm looking forward to most of all. Playing Bioshock right now and it's fantastic. I'll be picking up MOH: Airborne soon as well as the demo was ****. There are a butt load of games coming out by Christmas...too many for me to deal with really....oh and the new GuildWars too...too many new games and soooo little time to play..

Comment

Yeah the PC released ahead are insane - Crysis, HL2 EP2, Sup Comm expansion, as well as a lot of other smaller but equally as good looking releases not to mention just out titles like BioShock. Pretty good year for the PC really, and we haven't even moved over to DX10 fully yet.

Comment

Hmm... Bioshock...

I'll be staying far away from that game (PC version, of course) until they release a version that does not contain a root kit.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

I just foolishly made the jump to DX10 and hope I don't get too disappointed. As for games that do intrusive things to my PC, I use a separate OS install for gaming anyways so that I can keep it lean and mean.
                    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                    PC P&C 500W PSU
                    2TB Seagate
                    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
                      I just foolishly made the jump to DX10 and hope I don't get too disappointed.
                      What do you mean "foolishly"? You will be disappointed partly. There are no real DX10 titles to speak of but the good news is you are ready for the upcoming titles that do use DX10.

I can not wait to play a TRUE DX10 title. Most games out now that support DX10 only support some DX10 features.

I figure by the time DX10 is main st**** there will be way better DX10 cards on the market. I'm fine with that; one more reason to upgrade.

Comment

Here Is the Answer!

Have you heard about the Killer App?

Wikipedia:
                        In this sense, a killer app substantially increases sales of the hardware that supports it.
                        So, here's whats happening all along:

1. The console makers sign contracts to game designers

2. The designers create games for that console and that console only

3. The game reviews review the exclusive game, rating it highly, and then it becomes popular, blah blah blah... The list goes on.

4. Gamers owning the console, not wanting to be left out, rush to the stores to buy the game.

5. Gamers not owning the console, again not wanting to be left out, rush to the stores to buy the game AND the console, therefore boosting the console's sales.

6. Haha! The Console makers benefit at the end because they sold their consoles. End of Story.

Wikipedia:
                        Last edited by Aguiluz; 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

There's a step 7 there though - the console makers, Sony and MS and Nintendo etc, don't want to sell their consoles for the sake of selling consoles, they want to sell consoles to sell more software, where they make their real money. We all heard about the stories of MS losing money per Xbox console sale, but they made that back and then some on the games.

So the killer apps sell consoles so in turn the new console owner can continue buying new games. If by the end of the console's life the owner has on average 20 games in his or her collection, then that's probably more than enough for a big "Mission complete" banner.

Comment

im happy now as the following r due out on pc

halo 3 awesum
                            fifa 2008
                            juiced 2
                            need 4 speed pro street

oops almost 4got sims cast aways 4 z missus she luvs that sort of crap

if any1 can update with any mo titles due to cum out on pc let me know

Comment

To be honest do you think along with the contracts that they don't like releasing super hit games to the PC because of all the downloading?
                              Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
                              Core 2 duo 2.5
                              Geforce 9500 512mb
                              250 gig hard drive
                              4 gigs DDR2 ram!
                              64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

Comment

Working...
                              X