Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem

Hey guys!

I have installed 4 x 1GB memory chips in my computer. Still, the bios, and Windows, only lists 3,25GB. Why is this? I have updated the bios to the latest version, and have tried to contact Gigabyte tech support. No luck there.

I have the GA-945P-S3(rev. 1.0) motherboard, and the memory is OCZ DDRII, 667 mhz. I run Windows Vista 64.

Anyone heard of this before?

Eivind

Re: Memory problem

You don't have a memory problem. 32 bit Windows only recognizes 3.2gigs of memory, which you are probably running Windows XP. 64 bit Windows will recognize all 4 gigs.

Dave

Comment

Yes 32 bit Windows only recognizes 3.2gigs of memory.
      If you want use your system with 4GB memory, you need OS and BIOS support.

You can get some information here
      http://www.polywell.com/us/support/faq/4GB_Rev1.pdf

Comment

I run Vista 64. Also, the bios only acknowledges 3,25 GB, so does that mean that my motherboard doesn't support 4gig? I have the newest bios.
        Last edited by eivind; 09-04-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yes indeed. Your MB or your Bios must support it. I has something to do with memory adressing. On some Bioses you find a setting called "memory hole remapping" or something like that. Sorry i'm not very technical in english. Take a look on your bios if you find something like that. If Not, than i think it won't support it.
          Greetz

Comment

As i know, but not very sure. The lose memory are used by PCIE and PCI Components

Comment

Working...
            X