Quake 3 Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 3 Arena

I think it is unreal, haven't stopped playing it since i got it a couple of days ago. :thumb:
    Best Game Ever
    100.00%
    OK, I guess
    0.00%
    Highly overated
    0.00%

I would say, pretty damn good. But not the best :).

Comment

it was a great game when it came out. havent played it in ages though...i cant play the same game over and over. especially SP...it is a great engine though. a few other decent games have come from it already:D
      btw. how old is it now?

Comment

Yeah quake 3 (or the engine) still has some life left in it I reckon, I admit I still play quake 3 every now and then but mostly the mods (Urban Terror anyone?)

Comment

Urban Terror is good.. Weapons factory is better though..
          you should try that mod out..

Comment

The engine isnt too bad. The lighting engine needs serious work however...

As a game- its rather unimpressive and repetitive. I honestly cant see what the fuss is about. Theres no strategy- its basically whoever can shoot a rocket launcher reasonably well wins.
            Wow wee.

I play UT instead. Lots more weapons, heaps better map layout and the gameplay is fast and furious . The day I find it repetitive and boring like Q3A is the day I stop playing FPS games. For MOD play- TacOps or Infiltration. (for realism/CS style gameplay)

Comment

These are the suggestions i have been wanting for MorBius!

Comment

ID can get away with only making a decent game every 2 1/2 years because they sell the engine to others. And it's often the other games that are the better ones (Half-Life) :)

I really like Q3A myself....... my favourite multiplayer game. I don't know what I like about it, it just seems nice to play, with a fast pace.
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah Albinus I second that, I think it is almost arcade like, well i think so anyways that is the reason I come back to it every now and then just have a quick game (that turns into a few or maybe a lot of quick games) just to waste a few minutes or hours when I got spare time

Comment

Probably my biggest gripe is the dumb bots in Q3A. They either are extremely stupid, or unhumanly accurate. Unreal Tournament has Steven Polge as AI programmer (maker of the reaper bot for Quake), and the AI is superb. You start winning, the bots toughen up. You start losing, the bots will ease up a bit on you. That's what I call good AI :thumb:
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
                      The engine isnt too bad. The lighting engine needs serious work however...

As a game- its rather unimpressive and repetitive. I honestly cant see what the fuss is about. Theres no strategy- its basically whoever can shoot a rocket launcher reasonably well wins.
                      Wow wee.

I play UT instead. Lots more weapons, heaps better map layout and the gameplay is fast and furious . The day I find it repetitive and boring like Q3A is the day I stop playing FPS games. For MOD play- TacOps or Infiltration. (for realism/CS style gameplay)
                      *bows down to Bahamut Zero*

Finally, someone around here with some taste.. :)

Comment

This game has unreal graphics but eventually gets very repetitive playing in for hours

Comment

Q3 is pretty kewl...good for the reflexs coz its such a fast game...
                          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Highly, highly overrated. I like UT much better, but I am partial to Unreal and UT-based games. Probably because I saw Unreal rendered with my brand-spankin' new Voodoo 3 3000 AGP I got for christmas a few years ago :D (I still have it, and will be buried with it)

Comment

I played the demo multiplayered over the uni LAN, and haven't been inspired enough to buy the game for myself. I LOVE Wolfenstein tho - based on the Q3A engine. Tho I still think the human movement could do with a little more accuracy - in terms of the physics modelling.
                              Onyx

TweakTown
                              OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                              CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Working...
                              X