Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DS3R overclock - mem. freq. issue

I just got my new rig up and going.
    It got a Q6600 G0, 8800GTS, Mushkin DDR2 2048MB 6400 and the rev 1.1 of the board.

Im kinda new to this overclocking stuff, but I have read some guides and feel that im ready to go on.

In the guide i read they recommended that the first thing to do was to lower the frequency of the memory so much that possible,
    since they would be raised again when the CPU Bus speed got raised.

My problem is how to do this on my motherboard, the memory frequency is the only option in the bios I can`t set.

And since I know that the CPU without problems at least should be able to go from 2,4ghz to 2,8-2,9.

That makes it a jump from 266*9 --> 315*9 (hopfully 333*9 = 3000)
    Im afraid that if I dosn`t lower the memory frequency first I won`t be able to go that high.(Even though my ram should be very OC friendly.)

And one other thing, is it a goal to get the FSB:DRAM devider to go as close to 1:1 as possible?

Anyone got some info that might help me?

Ok, moderator please move this to the OC section. I posted it wrong, and cant find out how to move it .
    Last edited by laaw; 09-18-2007, 11:42 AM.

Re: P35C-DS3R overclock - mem. freq. issue

6400=DDR2 800
    If your frequency only OC from 266 to 333
    You can setup your memory multiplier to 2 or 2.4

Comment

Ok, but what does the memory multiplier do for my system?

And what if i manage manager to push the CPU bus speed even farther, will i need to do anything more with the mem. multiplier?

Comment

Hit ctrl-F1 in the main Bios screen to activate more settings.

Comment

The memory multipier in effect changes you memory speed to a mutiple of you rFSB. Just what you want to do to avoid OCing your memory.

Comment

Working...
          X