23.11 vs 28.32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23.11 vs 28.32

Ive noticed a 1000 3dmarks drop when i use the 28.32's (nature demo mainly) with the 23.11's i get 35fps (game 4 Nature) and with the 28.32's i get 15fps. overall score i get with 23.11's is 6200 and with the 28.32's its 5200. But 3Dmark2001 is not an efficiant way of measuring performance of the card. Vulpine GLmark, Quake 3, Aquanox are efficiant ways of measuring overall performance of a Geforce 3 or higher from what ive noticed. i am useing a geforce 3 Ti200.

Yeah, the later version drivers are really to add support for GF4Ti's and improves their performance but has a detrimental effect to others. I think it's best to stick to the version that came our around the same time your vid card did... cos back then they would have been the top of the range card, so nvidia would have optimsed its drivers to perform the best of them.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

i have tryed both driver's on xp and 98se and get a better score with 28.32
      :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

hmmm, ille see if chaintech has a new bios out for my card. But i doubt its that anyway. Because im not the only person haveing this problem. I bet the my having a regualar Athlon is the thing.

Comment

for me the game demos drop 5-10 fps:( :( but everything else like the 8 lights increase by 5-10 fps: party ha : party ha

Comment

i found the source of my problem (loosing the 1000 3dmarks with any driver that is 28.xx or 29.xx , I have to EnableALiAGP in rivaruner, unfortunatly this doesnt owrk with the 29.42 drivers yet because rivatuner does not have a database match for them. But the 28.32 are exactly the same as the 23.11 for me. Maybe if someone know a way for my to enableALiAGP elsewhere, so i can use the 29.42's. that wouls be great. Cuz without ALiAGP enable AGP Texture Acceleration is "Not Avalable" in DXDiag.

Comment

Working...
            X