Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-dq6

Ive been having some challenges-P35T-DQ6

I currently have the board oc to 3640MHz with a clock control @7 Frequency of 520 memory multiplier at 2.40 which gives me a memory frequency of 1248 and FSB 2080
    Running 2 gigs of the Patriot 1333 ddr3. (624MHz-5:6-9.9.9.24.2T)
    CPU-E6850 (6FBG0)
    Im not even close to being a pro at this. The system runs stable at these settings until after shutting down the pc for the evening I have to re-enter the oc into the bios the next day. I believe the issue is bios not maintaining the the memory multiplier and letting it default back to 16++ which isn't stable.
    I have tried other multipliers and frequencies with less of an oc and same issue. And Ive had it as high as 4050 stable until after I shut it down.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Voltages- CPU 1.44
    MEM all on auto
    Last edited by Jrobert; 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM.

Re: P35-dq6

You Can Save Your Oc Setup By Pass F11 In Bios.

Comment

I have it saved now. Will it default to that one when I boot or do I need to do it manually every time?
      Thanks

Comment

According to mine experience, it Willdefault to that one when you boot.
        If it is not please feel free to let me know.

Comment

Sweet thanks

Comment

Shut it down for about an hour and rebooted, power cycled once then booted with default settings rather than the oc settings. Restarted and went into bios/F11/Load and it did not set the config that I saved. Any ideas- no reason I can think of why it would do this. It did this with the F3 and currently the F4 bios.

Comment

I changed my pci latency timer from 32 to 64 this morning. Had the pc off all day and for the first time it booted overclocked on its own. Can you explain to me why this would effect booting?
              Thanks

Comment

Dear Jrobert
                Sometimes the system reboots and back to default setup, is because overclock not success. this is for your system safity. if you want to get your setup profile, please pass F12 in BIOS.you will find your setup profile.

Comment

I dont understand why I can shut it on and off all day overclocked but if I leave it off for more than 8 hours it resets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrobert View Post
                    I dont understand why I can shut it on and off all day overclocked but if I leave it off for more than 8 hours it resets.
                    battery?

Comment

I have the exact same problem with the DDR2 version of P35-DQ6 rev.1 and the system in my signature. The board cycles through post and keeps losing its o'clocked settings at each reboot. I then have to load from BIOS and the same until next reboot. Moreover, PCI-E becomes limited to x1 if I choose FSB over 400 and MCH and FSB voltages of +0.2V.

I currently have 2 other Gigabyte boards (P35 DS3 & P965 DS4) in other systems and no such problems exist for them. My overhyped P35-DQ6 is gradually begining to drive me crazy. I think by now I have exhaused every thinkable option (changed memory, BIOS's, settings etc.) to no avail

Your help would be greatly appreciated before I give up and try to return the board to the shop...

Comment

What is your CPU Clock Ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                          What is your CPU Clock Ratio?
                          Thanks for the follow up!

I am trying to run the CPU @ 8x440MHz (which it used to do just great on the P965-DS4) with voltages ranging from 1.475V to 1.506V. Actually, once I get the system to boot (every second reboot), the CPU is 100% dual prime stabe @ 8x450MHz. However, even when doing a very small overclock, the board will keep resetting itself to "Default" after every restart....

I have tried changing the memory or using Option 2, as someone suggested for Micron D9 memory, but it didn't change anything.

Apart from this issue, there is the issu with the board limiting PCI-E to "x1" with any kind of overclock... I'm totally baffled...

Comment

"...the board will keep resetting itself to "Default" after every restart..."

before your board do this, did your reboot agian and again?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                              "...the board will keep resetting itself to "Default" after every restart..."

before your board do this, did your reboot agian and again?
                              I am not sure whether I understand the question correctly but will try to answer according to my understanding. Assuming you are asking whether the board gets into an infinite reboot loop - no, it does not. In 99% of the cases it enters Windows on the second reboot and after having loaded again the o'cked settings. This issue was present from the very first moment I put the board in, so it didn't appear before or after another event.

Also, every reboot fails just once, the comp. doesn't cycle through several times, it fails to enter widnows, resets itself to default and enters windows. Otherwise, it enters windows normally, without any hassle on the second reboot and after loading o'cked settings again, as if there was no issue at all....

Comment

Working...
                              X