Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gigabyte P35-DQ6 (rev 1.0) memory problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte P35-DQ6 (rev 1.0) memory problem?

HI ALL , i bought recently my computer (see my signature) and from the begining in bios ver f4

in DDR18v was red and fail, i updated Bios with ver f6 the DDR18v was ok but the memory timings were not the correct 5-5-5-15 but instead were 5-7-7-24. i changed the timing values with the above but when i try to play a game such as GRAW2 or Americas Army or MEDAL OF HONOR AIRBORNE after 10-15min it freezes. Got into Bios again but ram timings were the old ones.Can this be an issue of incompatible memory, bad setup timings and volt or something else?

Any help will be appreciated!

ps i have installed the latest drivers for graphics & sound.

Re: gigabyte P35-DQ6 (rev 1.0) memory problem?

please make sure your memory can support it, or can you try another memory to check it?

Comment

These are the only supported memories ?

I think u gave an answer that suits Gigabyte and not the users.

How about increasing memory voltage, the default voltage is 1,8v right?

so by increasing +0,5v to make 2,3v my memory uses is correct?

Comment

The list was we already tested, and we will keep to update it when we get more memories.

Than about the voltage, yes ddr2 default voltage is 1,8v
        you can check the rael voltage of your memories in PC Health status to sure how many voltage you have to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
          The list was we already tested, and we will keep to update it when we get more memories.

Than about the voltage, yes ddr2 default voltage is 1,8v
          you can check the rael voltage of your memories in PC Health status to sure how many voltage you have to increase.
          Hi Janus,

Can you clarify that statement? I, and many others, are under the impression that you simply add voltage in increments of .1v via the BIOS to get the system to run your RAM at the specified voltage & timings. For example; my memory is Mushkin PC-8500, rated at 2.2-2.3 v, 5-5-4-12. I I add .4 volts to the stock setting It should net me an actual 2.2 volts to teh RAM, correct? At +.4 v I get a pink warning in my PC health status instantly (before the voltage is, presumably, applied) SO... is the voltage change the instant I adjust the BIOS setting or on the next reboot? what do the pink and red warnings indicate. I took them as being a warning that I MIGHT be in danger of toasting my RAM... is it more than that?

Comment

Dear sgrinavi

When you setup your BIOS and save it the system will reboot and get your setup.

And do the pink and red warnings mean over so many voltage is not good to your system. But your memory need so many voltage. so itis just a warning to you. Ofcourse if you get a normal memory(not an oc edition) you no need to change your memory voltage.

Comment

Working...
            X