GeForce 2 MX 200 Overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce 2 MX 200 Overclocking

Hello everyone! I've been recently debating over whether or not I should try to overclock my GeForce 2, and I started checking out sites for information about exactly how to do it. Unfortunately, I could not find a specific guide for my card, and I don't really want to risk damaging it. Can anyone give me some help with it? I have a GeForce 2 MX 200 with 64 Mb of on-board ram. (It's connected to an AGP slot) Also, I'm running a Pentium 4 at 1.8 Ghz and 512 Megs of Ram. Thanks again

Get the OC tool of your choice, I use Riva Tuner, which can be had from Guru3D. Overclock by about 5MHz or so and then play or run something video intensive for awhile to be sure it's okay. Keep upping the speeds until you start locking up.

Of course, since you're raping your potential with that card (64-bit memory interface instead of 128 or 256-bit), overclocking is not going to do you much good in the long run. You may not even see any performance from it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. :)

Comment

Go out and buy a new gfx card, your system is sooo being heldback by that GF2.

Comment

Shepps is right....you might concider a Geforce3 ti200, can be found very cheap. :thumb:

Comment

A GeForce4 MX440 would be cheaper, and fster if you don't need DirectX 8 support :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Lol, so which card do you think would be better? I've never heard that the MX 440 has any problems with DirectX, but I know most of the programs I use require it. Can anyone give me some more info on this? Also, if it isn't compatible with DirectX, does anyone know of a good card that supports DirectX, and is around $150? Thanks again.

Comment

All the cards menitoned support some version of direct X, but the GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 Ti's all support Direct X 8, thus having more longevity. Assuming your pricing is in USD, you can easily find GF3 Ti200 cards for under $150. You can also probably find regular GF3's for around the $150 if not less. The Ti200 is slower than the regular GF3.

Comment

Comment

That score kinda sucks. I could get near or a little over 3000 in 3dmark 2001 (1024x768x16) with a GF 2MX @ 220/210 and an 800Mhz Duron @ 1016MHz

Oh, and to state again: the MX200 has a 64-bit data bus, SDR only. The MX and MX400 have a 128-bit data bus.

Comment

Morgan, what do u think can be holding me down????

I would appreciate any suggestion from anyone as well... :confused:

Comment

1024x768x16 in 3DMark2001....
                        I get now (after updating my drivers from 21.81 to 28.32, tweaking my RAM and updating to the latest 4-in-1) around 1700 3dmarks at 1024x768x32 in 3DMark2001SE, and 2500 in 1024x768x16... taking into account that your vram is DDR and has 128bit bus and were OCed 30 Mhz more than mine (plus 50+ Mhz in your CPU) and you were running in 16 instead of 32 bits color i think my scores suck....:devil: jejej... you really made me worry!!!
                        thanx anyway....

Comment

My MX did not have DDR. It uses SDR SDRAM. I think Creative was the only one to use DDR in an MX card.

I'm really starting to question the MX200 you say you have, cuz the one I briefly had was really no faster than a Voodoo 3 3000AGP at stock speeds:eek:

Also, the test taken were awhile back and under Win2k. I'd run them now, but the parts in question power my file server--which I'm leaving alone.

Comment

Yeah.....mx200's suck hard

Comment

NVidia went overboard there...:scream:

*yaaay, SILVER TWEAKER

Comment

Working...
                              X