GAN680SLI-DQ6 rev 1.0 "Unkown PCI Device"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAN680SLI-DQ6 rev 1.0 "Unkown PCI Device"

Good morning. Here's the situation with my GAN680SLI-DQ6 rev 1.0. The BIOS is F4.

I built this system about 6 months ago. I've had 1394 devices (a hard drive and DVD burner) attached the whole time, and until recently, they've worked flawlessly. I've never installed any PCI cards.

Two days ago the 1394 devices stopped being recognized, and the 1394 port itself showed up in Windows XP as a new PCI device, but it's not recognized and a driver cannot be loaded. The 1394 Enable/Disable option is now missing from the Integrated Periphreals page of the BIOS and in the POST device list there is now an item "Unkown PCI Device".

I installed a separate combo USB/1394 card to hopefully work around the issue, but it showed up as an additional "Unkown PCI Device". It appeared in Windows as a new device remained unrecognized but drivers could not be loaded.

Finally, I installed a known good TV Tuner card just to test the PCI bus and again, it showed up in the Post device list as "Unkown PCI Device" and a driver could not be loaded in Windows.

I've tried all the slots and get the same results, and have set the BIOS to the defaults and cleared the CMOS. The result is the same. The PCI Express slots work fine.

So it appears that there is a serious problem with the PCI bus on this board. Any ideas? Is there a fix for this or do I need to RMA the board?

Thanks in advnace for any and all posts.

Re: GAN680SLI-DQ6 rev 1.0 "Unkown PCI Device"

Will to try F5g BIOS?

If you need please mail me

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Comment

Sorry my mistakes.
      it's only F5f

Comment

Yes, I'd love to try the F5F BIOS -- anything that will help me avoid an RMA would be great.

I responded to your posted email address from my personal account. I'll try it as soon as I get it!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X