I'v recently purchuased this:

GIGABYTE P35C-DS3R
    HD 500 GB 7200 SATA II Seagate
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 512 MB PCI-E Gigabyte
    DVR LG GSA H55N DL 20x bulk black
    INTEL CORE 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz 775 + Fan 64Bits
    CHASIS GIGABYTE TRITON 180 B
    4 x DDR2 1024/800 Apacer

I'v not change nothing on Bios (flashed neither), and i'v tried to install Windows XP PRO, XP PRO 64, Vista x86 and Vista 64...

Some times it hangs up installing the OS, some times it hangs up after 10 or 15 minutes working...

Please, anyone could help me? Regards.

Re: GIGABYTE P35C-DS3R Often hangs up

Try to install with 2 gigs of mem.

Comment

Hi there, I had lots of issues getting this board to work. I had the old constant looping before post issue. After taking some advice from one of the other threads on this forum and some others i finally got the board to post using 1g stick [instead of the 4 i was trying to use]. Something was still wrong as i couldnt use more than one stick and it wouldnt work unless the stick was in slot 3 or 4. Once i got into the BIOS i had a play with the memory settings. My Ram is rated at 2.2v - i think this was the problem - i think the stock setting is 1.8-1.9v. I changed this to give an extra +0.2v and managed to boot with 2 sticks in. Changed it to +0.3v and boots fine with all 4gb ram and installed win XP no problem. No crashes so far - hope maybe this helps u out.

Warning: find out what ur Ram is sposed to run at as upping the voltage could damage ur hardware.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same board, same processor and same generation of disk drives, I am using a 8800 gtx card and mushkin pc-8500. I too am having all sorts of issues; sporadic burst without video, boot cycling, endless BSODs with various (seeming unrelated) .dmp files. and, my newest problem, USB ports are FUBR.

I think the board has a problem with memory address or IRQs, it maybe too much to handle with 4 processor cores on-top of all the other goodies available.. hard to say

You might try flashing the BIOS to see if that helps with your install... I'm considering trashing this board..

Comment

Dear all

Did you all use 4GB RAM in 4port?

Comment

Im using 4GB [4 x 1gb] and the board would not post at stock settings - boot cycled. Booting with 1 stick then upping the voltage and i could run 2 sticks, upped some more and i could boot with all 4.

Comment

Dear Jimi

What is your BIOS and RAM?

Comment

I havent bothered checking what BIOS mines on [i think F2] as people have had problems with all of them. My ram is A-DATA DDR2 PC6400, 4x1GB.

Comment

Dear Jimi
                  Can you Please try just only use one ram, than if you can boots your system, please mail me, I will sent you newer BIOS.

[email protected]

Comment

Janus - My system is up and running, i was posting what i did to get it working hoping that it might help some other people to sort out their issues.

And yes booting with 1 stick of ram was the key, then up the voltage in BIOS.

Comment

thank you Jimi.

Comment

Working...
                      X