• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod Hell -- Ga-p35c-ds3r

With regards to this system

Q6600 G0
    Tuniq Tower
    4GB Mushkin PC8500 (D9's) (5-5-4-12) (2.2v)
    PNY 8800 GTX
    CORSAIR 520HX
    600 GB Raid 5 (4x7200.10)

Does this sound like an MB issue?

A few weeks ago I had an issue with my video; there was not any. I tried everything and nothing helped. I was getting ready to RMA the board and removed it. I had the whole thing apart and then figured I would test it with the board out of the system. It worked. SO.. I put it back in the case and it still worked.

Over the next few days later I upgraded 2 sticks of RAM to match my Mushkins, replaced a hard drive, installed FEAR and a few other bits of software. One day I start getting BSODs, I can not pinpoint exactly when, I set the BIOS back to stock then the video started cutting out again, reinstalled drivers, removed programs, removed ram, etc, etc, etc.. The video output randomly returned, I switched out video cards & memory - without any change.....

The BSOD dumps do not yeild consistant results; it appears to be an IRQ conflict, but nothing shows up in device manager.

I removed the RAID and, on a new hard drive, reinstalled the OS (xp x64).

1. Installed windows

2. Added net card drivers

3. Added wireless drivers

4. Added chipset drivers -- which worked at first, showed as USB 2.0, but after a re-boot the SB ports came up with a yellow flag in the device manager and did not work. Once I rolled each USB device driver back they returned, but as 1.1 ports... uggggggggggg

5. Tried to install on board sound drivers, failed looking for updated HD drivers

6. Tried to install SP2, BSOD started AGAIN!

7. Rolled back system to step 2.

8. Tried to install SP2, BSODs almost instantly.

Any Ideas??

Re: Bsod Hell -- Ga-p35c-ds3r

Well... I guess it's time to throw this thing in the trash can -- this thing is giving me BSODs on XP installs now.. my 5th try today! I have wasted over month probably 30-40 hours and the problems don't ever get resolved they just pile up.
    Support is a joke; they just ignore significant issues... is Gigabyte going to replace my RAM that I have been overvolting for the past two months? How about the OEM copy of windows that I can no longer install? Ya.. right

It is not like I am using junk hardware... well.. except for the board, I suppose.....

Good luck guys, I'm going to get another DFI or an Asus.. I will stick this thing on Ebay and take $25 for it.
    Last edited by sgrinavi; 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

It sounds like a ram issue. Have you tried 1 stick of ram alone to see if it will work?

As for OEM Windows, as long as you are only running it on one PC you can call them and they will give you as many activation codes (for that 1 PC) as you need. I have activated XP OEM many many times. It takes 5-10 minutes on the phone.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
        It sounds like a ram issue. Have you tried 1 stick of ram alone to see if it will work?

As for OEM Windows, as long as you are only running it on one PC you can call them and they will give you as many activation codes (for that 1 PC) as you need. I have activated XP OEM many many times. It takes 5-10 minutes on the phone.
        Funny you should mention a RAM issue.. I was reading mrfatboys thread about his actual readings on the ram voltages and lowered mine down to +.2. It's been reasonably stable at 333x9 and stock CPU voltage since.

Thanks for your advice on the OEM activation code, I will give it whirl.

Comment

Working...
        X