vista is here to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista is here to stay

I want Vista off my hard drive.....Here is the consensus. To remove vista, install XP. Use XP to reformat the disk. And Vista will be erased. So I load the XP disc in the DVD drive, restart the comp. The licensing agreement, press F8 if you agree, nothing happens. I cannot get past this screen. Windows setup sends you to the license agreement, press F8 if you agree. The screen is frozen. To remove vista, you need to install XP. What am I missing? What would happen if I took a magnet and rubbed it all over this hard drive?

Re: vista is here to stay

A good ol zero fill might do the trick...

Comment

I don't know where your problem lies, but I have installed Vista, got tired of the vulnerabilities and reloaded XP onto this box with no issues. Currently running XP w/ SP2 again.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Formatting the HDD should fix your problem, get a hold of the Ultimate Boot CD and there are some HDD formatting tools on there that will sort it out for you. If you have multiple HDD's make sure your formatting the right HDD otherwise you will loose data you may now want to remove.

Comment

Working...
        X