Best 19" Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 19" Monitor

I'm currently in the market for a new 19" monitor.....

Anyone have any recommendations on the best 19" monitor on the market for about $300US or less? (NO MORE than $320)

Should i go with a flat tube screen, or would a regular CRT monitor be the way to go on my ~$300 budget?

It would also be nice if you provided a link to a reliable store that has the monitor you recommend listed for sale...

:thumb: Thanks for all the help :thumb:

I've had very good luck with Hitachi brand monitors. Here's one with a .20 pitch and priced at just under $290 at Multiwave Direct. http://www.hitachidisplays.com/products/19_721F.htm

Oh... and here's Multiwave's address: www.mwave.com
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I dont think I'm into the old school Shadow Mask technology that that Hitachi monitor uses....

I was also hoping to go with a Sony or NEC/Mitsubishi monitor as I've heard that those are the best in terms of image quality and reliability

Thanks for the recommendation Darth :D

Anyone else?

Comment

I have a Hansol 900P; which has a maximum resolution of 1600x1200@75Hz. Samsung tube, still an excellent monitor for the price. I paid A$500 for mine, they are now as low as A$470 (US$235) if you look around.

Also, may I please point out that Hitachi (and many other vendors) state their HORIZONTAL dot pitch, not diagonal as the other monitors are rated in. So if you see a Hitachi monitor with a 0.20mm dot pitch, it is really equivalent to 0.26mm in normal measurements. However the Sony FD Trinitron monitors are awesome, my friend has the 17" model and it completely destroys my 19" in terms of visual clarity and definition. Worth a look if you have the money :)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I've looked at some Samsung monitors, like the 950DF (still want that mofo!) and it seems to retail around $300 USD. Of course, them Sony's are sweet and worth it if you have the cash to drop down.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Hitachi's too!

Comment

If you are spending this much, go for the best. Here is my personal favorite:

CORNERSTONE P2460 19IN .25MM 16X12

Comment

The best I think belongs to Sony... :D
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                  The best I think belongs to Sony... :D

completely and utterly agree,
                  the brute refresh rates i can force duing gameplay if desired is awesome.
                  Also it has a 4-port usb hub for all your usb goodness . Not that its needed anyways :P

Comment

*Pats Sony 21" G520* :)
                    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

*punches 17" Viewstar POS*
                      TT Original

Comment

I've had many Nec monitors, they are really great! A cheap one is my Nec V921, 1280x1024 89 Hz
                        1024x768 120 Hz
                        Try one, you'll like em'...

Comment

*shoots dodgy old monitor with shotgun*

much better.. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                            *shoots dodgy old monitor with shotgun*

much better.. :D

So whatcha gonna do for a monitor now Beefy?
                            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Im thinking of dropping the idea of a 19" monitor and just going all out with the best Sony has to offer in the 17" range.....

I'll still spend something like $300 on the 17"

:cry: I'm not sure though, it'll be tough adjusting to a 17" after using a nice 19incher for years :cry:

BLEH! right now though, ANYTHING would be better than this 6year old ****bag :thumbs do 15" Leading Edge monitor :thumbs do that i had to dig up from the depths of my basement to tide me over until i buy a new monitor.....

Comment

Working...
                              X