Crysis Demo Performance Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Demo Performance Analysis

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Crysis Demo Performance Analysis"

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis

Read the review and the numbers are about what I figured. This game takes the crown for heaviest hitter. I've played it 3 times now and did a lot of adjusting to get the minimum performance I have to have playing a game. I do agree with you about your assessment that a lot of people claiming these "smooth" fps numbers do not know what smooth is, or at least their definition of smooth is nowhere near what mine is. For me 30 fps is not playable in a game like this. I don't like the feel of the movement chasing my mouse around. I first started playing it at 1280x1024 (native LCD res) with all settings on High, and 4X FSAA. It didn't take me 2 minutes into the game when I went, "this ain't gonna cut it". Starting adjusting and came up with a minimum performance I could tolerate which was same res, all settings on high except Post Processing which I set to Medium and Shaders which I also set to Medium, no FSAA, 16X Aniso. This was with also turning off Motion Blur (which I'm not particularly fond of anyway) and Depth of Field in the configs. This resulted in still a fine looking game with decent performance. I love my FSAA but in this game (so far), not having it on wasn't a jump in your face jaggies deal. Aniso in this game is very important (it's why I set it at 16X in control panel).

This was with the latest WHQL 163.71 drivers. Haven't tried the Beta 169.01 yet.
    Last edited by Mike89; 10-27-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis

My Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, 4GB PC6400 RAM, 2xEVGA 8800GTX KO (SLI) [169.04 drivers)], WinXP Home SP2 (32bit), system runs Crysis Demo in the low 30s, with all settings on High and 16x FSAA, 1680x1050 (native) resolution -- both with the CPU and the GPU benchmarks. I find the play to be acceptable.

However, this is not why I am posting. In Vista Home Premium (64bit) (with the 169.04 64bit video drivers), the game is unplayable. When I install it, the installation program does not create a desktop icon for it nor does it add the game to the Start menu. It appears to install everything and no error messages are generated during installation. Going to the game's "64bit" folder I find the crysis.exe file - double clicking it appears to start the program...the screen goes black for several seconds then reverts back to my desktop with no error message. The same occurs when I try to run the benchmark batch files from the 64bit folder. Going to the "32bit" folder I also find the crysis.exe file - double clicking on it actually starts the game. However, within a minute or two, the computer freezes solid requiring the use of the reset button on the case to continue. This happens in the menus while trying to configure the game, in the game if I forego configuration and just start playing, and in the benchmark tests (both CPU and GPU).
      Last edited by {DvT}JonahHex; 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X