Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R Installtion Blue Screen With XP 64 bit

Hi,

I have been struggling (like many others it seems) to get XP 64 bit to install on this motherboard.

I have a Core2 Quad Q6600 installed and am using the onboard JMicron raid controller to mirror two 400GB SATA disks for the opsys and the Intel controller to create a stripe of two 500GB SATA disks for data.

Everything works absolutely fine under Vista but I hate Vista, so wanted to trash that and put XP on.

The XP installer expects a floppy for RAID controller drivers, but I don't have one, so I have used nLite to create a new installation disk with the JMicron drivers included.

What happens when I boot from the XP CD is that the text mode part of the installer runs through ok, and I can see it loading up the JMicron driver (Which I downloaded from the Gigabyte website and came in a package called "motherboard_driver_sata_gb_sata2raid_bootdisk_64" ) Version 1.17.20.03.

Then, the text mode XP installer gets to a point where it says it is starting windows, where it hangs for a few seconds and then Blue Screens with a 0x000000007B error, which I believe relates to the disk system.

I have tried just about everything I have found on the web to get this to work, including removing some RAM, changing the BIOS settings to ensure there is no overclocking going on etc. but nothing works.

So, does anyone know a recipe for installing XP 64 bit on this motherboard?

[edit] Or does anyone know which driver I should use?

Thanks

Leigh
    Last edited by penfold99; 11-02-2007, 08:13 AM. Reason: Additional Question

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Installtion Blue Screen With XP 64 bit

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=122926 "Troubleshooting Stop 0x0000007B or '0x4000' Error"

Comment

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Installtion Blue Screen With XP 64 bit

I'm running Vista x64 on this board.

I'm using the Intel RAID rather than the Jmicron Gigabyte setup though. Striped 2x36Gb Raptors without any problems. Try the Intel RAID rather than the Gigabyte.

Comment

Working...
      X