Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrid Vdroop On DS3R

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the above mentioned board a month ago, for benching, I set the cpu @ 1.4 and after vdroop, it was 1.36...not bad (cpuz is used to determine idle and load volts)

Today I went to run some benchies and I now have to set the cpu @ 1.47 in the bios, which is 1.41 idle and 1.34 under load. That equals out to .13 vdroop, which is just incredible.

The bios's that I used were F6 and F7 beta, neither made a difference, nor did XP or Vista.

Just so you know it's not overheating, my pc room is at 17c, and I have fans blowing all over my tech station. After an hour of Prime 95 I'm at 57c, (coretemp) so now that we know temperature is not an issue.

I'm also well aware of the *design* of vdroop, but in the past 15 years, I have never once had a board that drooped voltage this bad.

System Specs:
    Q6600-G0
    4GB Ballistix Tracers
    8800GTX
    Antec Quattro 850

Janus, if you have any forthcoming bios's that may address this issue to a lesser degree, I'll be more than happy to try it out.

I did find this:Intel Processor Power Delivery Design

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but going by that document, my % of vdroop is out of Intels specifications.

Thank You
    Last edited by Flinch; 11-03-2007, 12:12 AM. Reason: Added Content

Re: Horrid Vdroop On DS3R

There's some further talk about vdroop in this thread, no solution though:-
    These motherboards will be launching very soon, you can even find F2 bios for some of the boards online. With this thread we'll try and help those having issues. We'll cover driver and bios updates incl. betas, reviews and general tips and help. Please join us :) http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=23&show=35 http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/reviews/view.php?id=2246&cid=6&pg=1

Comment

Gigabyte electrical engineers need to go back to school or replacements aquired.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've been a contributor in that thread for awhile now . I'm just trying to get an idea if this is something a bios update can rectify.

Comment

Working...
        X