Memory Slot issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Slot issue

Hey guys, I've looked through the forum but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for (if I'm mistaken, please link me). Over the past weekend, I finally managed to buy all the parts and assemble my first rig (yay). On first try, I couldn't get the system to POST but eventually managed to get past it (haven't run into that problem since). What I'm having a problem with now is my first DDRII1 slot. I have 4 x 1GB sticks of OcZ RAM (DDR2 PC2-6400) and no matter what configuration I put them in, my first slot isn't being detected.

I tried keeping all other slots empty and booting with only 1 stick in the first slot but the system doesn't even POST (I don't get any error beeps). The ram voltage for it is supposed to be 2.1V so I tried using the DDR2 Overvoltage in the Bios to up the default 1.8V but that didn't work (cpu-z still reports as being at 1.8). If I'm doing something wrong at this step, please correct me. Also my Bios version is F5 (I don't know the first thing about updating a Bios (how risky is this btw?)).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Link to RAM

edit: almost forgot, my mobo is the P35-DS3R
    Last edited by Red_XR; 11-12-2007, 09:59 PM.

Re: Memory Slot issue

What in your system, and your BIOS?

Comment

Specs:

Q6600
      Gigabyte-P35-DS3R (Bios version F5)
      8800GTS 320
      4 X 1GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400
      Corsair TX750W PSU

Thanks again

Comment

IF YOU NEED NEWER bios TO TRY

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Comment

I returned the board. Thanks for everything.

Comment

Working...
          X