OC`setting wont apply in windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC`setting wont apply in windows.

As the title says i got a problem with my oc for my CPU and memory setting. After running the system 100% stable for serveral weeks, I yesterday found my system running at stock speed after a cold startup. I went to the bios and found my setting to be there I left them. Back again in windows the setting where back at stock. But the wierd thing here, the timmings and the CoreVoltage is still the way i left them in the bios. I have tryed a bios update to the F7 version but without any change.

My specs are :
    P35C-DS3R
    Q6600 G0
    2 x 1 GB Mushkin DDR2 6400
    520W Crosair PowerSupply
    8800 GTS 320MB

Anyone got any idea?

btw. whats the changes in the F8 vs F7 version of the bios janus?

Re: OC`setting wont apply in windows.

Wow, I started experiencing the EXACT same problem about 2 hours ago. In fact, I was just on this site to post a new thread about this VERY topic!! I am biting my nails wondering what to do. I've upgraded to the F8 BIOS, cleared the CMOS jumper, and still nothing. CPU-Z, ,CoreTemp, Intel TAT, Everest, Windows itself, and even Gigabyte's EasyTune5 is showing 2.66GHz/333MHz multiplier...although I have it set to 7x multiplier of 440, which used to give me 3080MHz. RAM multiplier is set to 2.0, which gives me 880MHz DDR2. I've realized that the CPU Frequency field no longer "lights up" like it used to. Here are some screenshots:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7358/dsc03657vi3.jpg
    http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6825/dsc03658uv4.jpg

The CPU Frequency used to turn yellow when I set CPU Host Clock Control to "Enabled" - nevermore. What's going on!?

P.S. - Based on Gigabyte's site, here is the information provided concerning F8 BIOS:

"Fix : Some motherboards do not allow the DDR2 voltage to be increased to 0.4V in a high-temperature environment."
    Last edited by bugoff; 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Update: After doing a somewhat comprehensive Google search, I tried what someone else suggested: remove CMOS battery, clear CMOS, replace CMOS battery, and still nothing. I'm going to reboot now and try to save the OC config using F11. I'll be back to post my results.

Comment

SUCCESS! Solution: I know it sounds crazy, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I don't know exactly what did it, but try this...

I was in BIOS screen, fed up and pissed off, staring off into space. I decided to clear the CMOS jumper while IN the BIOS screen. PC remained operational (could still go through BIOS menus), but I could not reboot or shutdown, even if holding the power button. Switched off the power supply via switch in the back (jumper still in), and back on. Tried turning PC on, would not start. Removed jumper, PC came on automatically (did not turn on power). Went into BIOS, loaded my OC profile - BAM!!!!!

CPU-Z reporting 440x7 multiplier, for a total of 3080MHz @ 1.312 volts. Memory at 880MHz DDR2 @ 4-4-4-12. Will try to set multiplier even higher to see where I end up - maybe I'll mess everything up again! Such is life.

Comment

Ok, nice to hear you got a fix for it, but **** kinda freeks me out to try that ****. I shall try to do some simpel "power-off" cmos resets first but maybe I have to go for the crasy way.

Anyone knows if this actualy might damage the computer?

Comment

Originally posted by laaw View Post
            As the title says i got a problem with my oc for my CPU and memory setting. After running the system 100% stable for serveral weeks, I yesterday found my system running at stock speed after a cold startup. I went to the bios and found my setting to be there I left them. Back again in windows the setting where back at stock. But the wierd thing here, the timmings and the CoreVoltage is still the way i left them in the bios. I have tryed a bios update to the F7 version but without any change.

My specs are :
            P35C-DS3R
            Q6600 G0
            2 x 1 GB Mushkin DDR2 6400
            520W Crosair PowerSupply
            8800 GTS 320MB

Anyone got any idea?

btw. whats the changes in the F8 vs F7 version of the bios janus?

Make sure you are using the correct bios. Remember you have the P35C board not the P35. I don't believe there is a F7 bios for the P35C. Just a day ago the US gigabyte website only had the F5 and the International site had the F6. They are the same exact file except for a 10 byte header when I filed compared them. That was weird just in itself. Gigabyte bios management really sucks! Just be careful.
            Last edited by mrfatboy; 11-17-2007, 12:42 PM.

Comment

There's an F7 for the P35C-DS3R on the international site:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Mot...ProductID=2551

F7 2007/11/13 1. Fix : Some motherboards do not allow the DDR2 voltage to be increased to 0.4V in a high-temperature environment.

This is nuts, I've never updated bios so repeatedly so often with any other manufacturer.

Comment

Oh, and the voltages are still all wacky in F7

+0.3 => 2.128
                +0.4 => 2.400

Comment

Ok, nice to hear you got a fix for it, but **** kinda freeks me out to try that ****. I shall try to do some simpel "power-off" cmos resets first but maybe I have to go for the crasy way.

Anyone knows if this actualy might damage the computer?
                  I see it as: you'll probably be RMA'ing the board if it does not save OC settings, so what do you have to lose? I did it and nothing happened - just make sure you don't bring static along with you. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by blargh23 View Post
                    Oh, and the voltages are still all wacky in F7

+0.3 => 2.128
                    +0.4 => 2.400

What the heck is Gigabyte thinking now? People that have 2.2v ram are screwed! I guess I'm staying with my F4g :) This is nucking futz!

Comment

After running the system 100% stable for serveral weeks, I yesterday found my system running at stock speed after a cold startup. I went to the bios and found my setting to be there I left them. Back again in windows the setting where back at stock. But the wierd thing here, the timmings and the CoreVoltage is still the way i left them in the bios.
                      The same problem appeared to me too. There is no change in newer bios because mine is F12. Has somebody of you found solution for this problem?

Comment

Guys couldnt see anyone mention it so apologies if they have but this board has 3 revisions, 1.x, 2.0,2.1 so bios listings are different.

Comment

Originally posted by bugoff View Post
                          SUCCESS! Solution: I know it sounds crazy, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I don't know exactly what did it, but try this...

I was in BIOS screen, fed up and pissed off, staring off into space. I decided to clear the CMOS jumper while IN the BIOS screen. PC remained operational (could still go through BIOS menus), but I could not reboot or shutdown, even if holding the power button. Switched off the power supply via switch in the back (jumper still in), and back on. Tried turning PC on, would not start. Removed jumper, PC came on automatically (did not turn on power). Went into BIOS, loaded my OC profile - BAM!!!!!

CPU-Z reporting 440x7 multiplier, for a total of 3080MHz @ 1.312 volts. Memory at 880MHz DDR2 @ 4-4-4-12. Will try to set multiplier even higher to see where I end up - maybe I'll mess everything up again! Such is life.

dude, i had the same issue with the same board...my first was to turn the opc off, turn the psy power switch off and unplug the power cord. then press the power buttom...i think it is an electrical issue, know how they always tell you when resetting a router to unplug and wait 30 seconds...that is the first here. i'm convinced ofit. but what causes things to get out of whack is what i want to know. my overclock worked for months with no issues and then i noticed yesterday it was gone.

Comment

WOW, you all lost me here. Who still has issues and what are they?

@ Blargh23

Your comment here >>
                            +0.3 => 2.128
                            +0.4 => 2.400

Is this with Performance enhance set to standard? Just wondering, as if not that is likely why you see the issues

But ya, stick with what BIOS's work for you for sure

Comment

Working...
                            X