Faulty Machine - its dead!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Machine - its dead!!!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    As it is in its original state, you hit the switch on the front of the machine and nothing. So, I got my Power Pack voltage tester, and nothing (but it is a Power Pack without a switch on it so it would normally run from the signal of the motherboard?).
    <o:p></o:p>
    Next, out comes my new spare Power Pack (with an on / off switch on it J

So, I got my own testing machine out, with yet another paower pack on it, swapped it over and the seme thing happened - fans running, light flashing but not 'firing up'.
    I tried to connect the old power pack to my machines Mobo, and nothing.

Would you say it was the Motherboard, Power Pack, CPU or a combination of all? I mentioned it could have been a surge, but he was unaware of this.

Re: Faulty Machine - its dead!!!

You have got to list the full specs of this machine and all the components installed into it. Ratings and so forth as well. Noone can help you without this info.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Re: Faulty Machine - its dead!!!

When do you mean "Power Pack," do you mean the PSU?

If you have registered a year earlier, I have posted my old rig (see the "infamous" Recyklacooler) had a problem and It simply died.

Yes, LEDs light, CPU warms up, HD spins, fans blow, and CD drives open, but there is no video. What is the problem? I got my mobo fried in a power surge. And yes, post your specs, and we might help you.

Comment

Working...
      X