Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my P35C is telling me to kill it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my P35C is telling me to kill it!

I have a P35C-DS3R, in games, it's getting to 51C according to EVEREST.

During youtube, and F.E.A.R. the computer once started to hick up/stutter every second, once causing a flash of BSOD and then restarting normally, the other time I simply shut down the computer. During the stuttering the entire display, mouse, windows, game play, etc stutter, including the sound.

Then today and yesterday, the computer during Call of Duty 4 and Unreal Tournament 3, the screen went black all of a sudden, with the sound statticking over and over, during the Call of Duty 4 freeze, the sound was continuing like normal game play for 5 seconds, and then started stuttering.

I have run:
    Memtest86+ for 1h30m with no errors.
    ATI Artifact for 1h with no errors
    Orthos for 1h30m with no errors.

Also a small note, during POST, the system would hang *sometimes* when checking the DVD Drive for a disk like every startup, replaced the dvd drive, no problems for a week. Now the new drive is opening closing once when I start the system, only when the system has been off for over a few hours, and this only occurs sometimes.

At this point I believe it is the motherboard. It has F2 BIOS, but from what I've read if my BIOS flash fails, it's not covered by gigabyte so I'm not going to risk it.

Any help is appreciated, I don't have any spare parts to test with either.
    LG DVD Drive
    GA-P35C-DS3R
    Corsair 620W
    Seagate 320GB
    Last edited by magezzz; 11-19-2007, 07:05 AM.

Re: I think my P35C is telling me to kill it!

It would be helpful if you listed all of your computer components.

Comment

Originally posted by magezzz View Post
      I have a P35C-DS3R, in games, it's getting to 51C according to EVEREST.

During youtube, and F.E.A.R. the computer once started to hick up/stutter every second, once causing a flash of BSOD and then restarting normally, the other time I simply shut down the computer. During the stuttering the entire display, mouse, windows, game play, etc stutter, including the sound.

Then today and yesterday, the computer during Call of Duty 4 and Unreal Tournament 3, the screen went black all of a sudden, with the sound statticking over and over, during the Call of Duty 4 freeze, the sound was continuing like normal game play for 5 seconds, and then started stuttering.

I have run:
      Memtest86+ for 1h30m with no errors.
      ATI Artifact for 1h with no errors
      Orthos for 1h30m with no errors.

Also a small note, during POST, the system would hang *sometimes* when checking the DVD Drive for a disk like every startup, replaced the dvd drive, no problems for a week. Now the new drive is opening closing once when I start the system, only when the system has been off for over a few hours, and this only occurs sometimes.

At this point I believe it is the motherboard. It has F2 BIOS, but from what I've read if my BIOS flash fails, it's not covered by gigabyte so I'm not going to risk it.

Any help is appreciated, I don't have any spare parts to test with either.
      Not sure 1h30 is long enough for Memtest. Run it for at least 5 passes, 10 would be better.

Comment

E6750
        8800GTS 320MB
        OCZ Revision 2 2GB
        LG DVD Drive
        GA-P35C-DS3R
        Corsair 620W
        Seagate 320GB

Everything at stock, stock cooling.

Comment

Try another VGA OG DVD device?

or you need newer BIOS?

[email protected]

Comment

I've tried 3 LG DVD Drives...problems continue. Tested my 8800GTS without problems on another rig.

Comment

Depending on which LG drive you have, there may be a firmware update for it.

Comment

Working...
              X