new system, can't install windows with internal cache enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new system, can't install windows with internal cache enable

I've just build me a new system, after a few problems, i found out that i was only able to install windows with the cpu internal cache disabled. It works fine then but slow. When i enable the internal cache, windows can't start up and after a reboot it goes into safe mode.
    So i suppose there is something wrong with the cpu or can it be something in the bios settings, because i don't know about Dram burst lenght, queue depth, command rate. So i used the default settings for this
    can anyone help ?

I can give additional info, but just don't know what

Pull off your heat sink and check the CPU, it may have crushed the core/cache. Actually, no, never mind - because if the cache enabling causes it to crash, it's dead.

I may be wrong, though, but that's what's happened to me before - i killed my internal cache after coming home from a LAN and finding one of the lugs snapped and the cpu hs/hsf on the case floor >_<

Hope someone else can offer advice, but i've said my opinion.

Comment

I have only experienced this problem with L2 cache, the L2 cache chip was scorched and when it was enabled it crashed the computer (VIA MVP3 based board - cache on the board not the CPU).

So I feel it is a problem with the CPU - is it under warranty? Lack of L1 cache is nasty, makes a 1GHz Duron run like a 266MHz Celeron :hammer:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but after reinstalling the processor and heatsink three times, it suddenly worked fine. Also the temp dropped from 70 idle 95 !! load and -55 :confused: case to 45 idle 50 load and 25 case
        So i guess the temp sensors gave wrong readings to (or the cpu would already be fried:laugh:

Comment

Could be you mounted something wrong.:?:

Comment

Working...
          X