Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any alternative to Easytune to change fan settings from Windows on P35-DS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any alternative to Easytune to change fan settings from Windows on P35-DS4?

the 'SmartFan' setting in the bios ramps up the CPU fan far too slowly for my liking under load
    so i have gotten teh Smartfan function on the 'Easytune' program to work for changing the fan speed
    but to do that, i have to hit the '%' button approximately 50 times with the mouse cursor to increase it where the fan runs close to full speed
    you cant even hold the button down to increase it...some programming there
    I have tried programs like Smartfan, but they only seem to work for computers/fans with that PWM setup
    So, im looking for a way to...
    1) disable/enable 'Smartfan' function from the bios under Windows so i can run full CPU fan during games
    or
    2) a way to change the fan speed under Windows without clicking on Eazytune settings 50 times
    I just want to set the CPU fan to max during games, and then at the regular smartfan settings while im trying to sleep, without having to reboot :p

I am VERY disappointed in the current BIOS 'smartfan' options...it should ramp up alot faster than it does
    thanks for any help :)

Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.52Ghz ('Conroe')
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev. 2.0
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Newegg 'Lanfest' edition
    74G WD Raptor 10,000RPM
    BFG 8800GTX OC
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Seasonic S12 600W PSU
    Last edited by f-town; 11-25-2007, 12:05 PM.

Re: is there any alternative to Easytune to change fan settings from Windows on P35-D

i would not use no fan header on a gigabyte board more stable that way
    i'd get a fan controler if i were you

Comment

Re: is there any alternative to Easytune to change fan settings from Windows on P35-D

Dear f-town

If you enable SmartFan the system will auto control your cpu fan by your cpu loading.
      So, when you play game, your CPU useage is higher, so that it will run your fan in full speed, and while you are sleep and didn't anything with your computer, the CPU ran in low loading. CPU fan will run in low speen.didn't it work?

Comment

it works, but the fan speed ramps up much too slowly...
        what is the desired temperature here, 75C or something?
        also the fan never reaches full speed as far as i can tell...seems 80% is about the maximum
        i can only hope that there might be some bios setting in the future to allow adjustment of the smartfan settings in the future...

Comment

Mr. F-town,
          I'd dump the easy Pune completely, as this thing can't even read system info right. And also cause any tool that over clocks in the GUI is a POS. That being said I'd suggest using Rivatuner or speed fan. Also the "hook" for programs to read system info were left out of the 680 platforum.
          Good luck!
          MSI X-99SLI
          Intel 5930K WATER
          EVGA Nilla 1080
          POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Originally posted by f-town View Post
            it works, but the fan speed ramps up much too slowly...
            what is the desired temperature here, 75C or something?
            also the fan never reaches full speed as far as i can tell...seems 80% is about the maximum
            i can only hope that there might be some bios setting in the future to allow adjustment of the smartfan settings in the future...
            I have same cooler in my system, and it works like **** with F8 bios.
            No FULL speed here also, and ET5 is pure crap.
            I have reported this already in another thread, but GigaByte's support is like "are u suuuuure u have done this and that...".
            E6300
            EP35-DS4
            Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb PC6400 (Promos)
            2x200Gb Barracuda sata Raid 0
            1x200Gb Barracuda sata
            Club 3D HD3850 OC
            Nexus NX-5000

Comment

Dear Xinot

If it is passible, I wish I can go to your place to see what happened in your system, but sorry I can't, so i have to make sure some thing in order to know what happened. Yes maybe you feel that mean we don't trust you. but sorry we have to.

If you do the same job someday, you will know what I mean...., please forgive.

Comment

Sry. I didnt want that sound like i was whining, but i was soo frustrated.

Anyway, i flashed F9M in my mobo, and now my cpu cooler fan is working fine again. Theres also "loadline calibration" option to core voltage.
                Im testing this bios and report here if have any other pros/cons.
                Thank You Janus!
                E6300
                EP35-DS4
                Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb PC6400 (Promos)
                2x200Gb Barracuda sata Raid 0
                1x200Gb Barracuda sata
                Club 3D HD3850 OC
                Nexus NX-5000

Comment

Originally posted by Xinot View Post
                  Sry. I didnt want that sound like i was whining, but i was soo frustrated.

Anyway, i flashed F9M in my mobo, and now my cpu cooler fan is working fine again. Theres also "loadline calibration" option to core voltage.
                  Im testing this bios and report here if have any other pros/cons.
                  Thank You Janus!
                  sounds good
                  does anyone know if theres a similar updated bios for GA-P35-DS4 revision 2.0 boards?
                  thanks for any info

Comment

i have tried F9m on my board, and it did in fact work
                    Smartfan is in fact working again as promised :)
                    theres a few new bios settings including 'load line calibration', which i think is similar to that setting on Asus boards to prevent Vdroop :D

Comment

Fan control in my bios works very good with the same HSF but have a giga NV board. Perfectly in fact, which is a nice change from my foxconn 939 board where the fan control would lock up the system and they never got it properly fixed (bios). Keeps CPU cool and ramps up nicely, quiet when idle.

I don't use easy tune 5 though and liked the foxconn hardware monitoring utility much better (better GUI and quicker responding and more intuative) but the gigabyte mobo I like better =)

Comment

Working...
                      X