Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA bios setup

Guys, I have a couple of Western Digital SE16 320GB SATA2
    and a LG sata dvd burner to go with this MB.
    What setting do I need to make in the bios/Integrated Peripherals to get the these drives to work in the SATA mode. I believe the factory settings where set to PATA mode for loading windows xp, but of course I would like to be running them sata.
    Just a note I don't want to run them in raid.

Cheers
    Fawlty
    Intel Core i7 930 Quad @ 3.5 GHz/Corsair H50 l Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R l Nvidia GTX 580 x 2sli | 2-1tb WD-BLK l Win7 pro 64 l Corsair HX 850 l Asus 27"1080p l CH-PT,FS,PP,TQ l TIR4w/TCP l G25 Racing Wheel

Re: SATA bios setup

Hi I have similiar issues.
    I have GA-P35-DS3R.
    I would like my SATA drives to be in ACHI mode, but I dont want the boot process to take minutes! Because when enabling the ACHI-mode (disabling legacy mode) the BIOS boot process takes ages, first there is the ACHI drive detection and after that there is that horrid RAID drive scan which takes forever. This kind of boot time is not acceptable on HTPC solution :( Is there anyway to enable ACHI mode but keep the boot time to minimum? The first ACHI detection process I could take, but the RAID detection is unacceptable.

Please help!

Comment

OK,guys visit this sites:
      Code:
      http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=444831
      Code:
      http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/112584-how-enable-ahci-raid-mode-without-reinstalling-windows-p35-ich9-ich9r.html

Comment

I don't even require the AHCI or RAID.
        I just want to get them running in sata to get the full benefit of the drives but I'm just not quite sure of the bios settings.

Right now the settings in the intergrated peripherals are factory set at "Disabled"

Thanks for the links I'll check that info out.

Cheers
        Fawlty
        Intel Core i7 930 Quad @ 3.5 GHz/Corsair H50 l Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R l Nvidia GTX 580 x 2sli | 2-1tb WD-BLK l Win7 pro 64 l Corsair HX 850 l Asus 27"1080p l CH-PT,FS,PP,TQ l TIR4w/TCP l G25 Racing Wheel

Comment

ACHI mode can get them running in sata to get the full benefit of the drives.

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM. Reason: to add more text

Comment

Comment

Ofcourse YOU CAN.

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                  Ofcourse YOU CAN.
                  Last edited by dosign; 12-22-2007, 10:50 PM. Reason: yep

Comment

Working...
                  X