P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 + Zalman CNPS9700 NT and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 + Zalman CNPS9700 NT and other questions

Hello, first of all I want to say koudos to GIGABYTE for making this a fantastic board, I have not had a single problem with it yet.

First question is will my new Zalman CNPS9700 NT fit on this board without hitting the northbridge cooler?

Second, is there any chance of adding temp monitoring to the northbridge itself?

Third, I notice P35 chipset seems to have a little high latency in memory benchmarks compared to I975X, does GIGABYTE plan to try and reduce latency with a future bios for this board?

Forth, when my RAM is overclocked and I have RAM voltage on "normal" the board will automaticly give my RAM 2.08 volts instead of the default 1.8. Having the RAM volts set on "normal" should default it to 1.8v correct? I have to set the volts to 1.85v to run it at the lowest volt possible, I tested my RAM and it can do it's current overclocked speed at 1.8v just fine. Perhaps this is a bug in bios?

Fifth, does GIGABYTE plan to add a chipset strap option in bios for us overclockers? I know there is "sort of" a strap setting with memory multi but thats not exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway those are my questions for now, GIGABYTE did a great job with F8 bios and a fantastic job with F9, keep up the good work. This is by far the best motherboard company I ever used.

Re: P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 + Zalman CNPS9700 NT and other questions

Anyone??? Especially with my question with the Zalman, i'am getting this cooler soon.... anyone know?

Comment

P35-DQ6 Rev 1. + Zalman CNPS9700 NT,no problem.Just remove the Crazy Cool Heatsink and install back plate from Zalman

Comment

"Crazy cool" heatsink? Which heatsink would that be? If I have to remove a heatsink to install this thats not what I'am looking for, I'am not going to run this board without it's heatsinks...

Is this a remove just to install the backplate or is it a permanent remove? Revision 1 of this board had a huge heatsink that had fitting problems but revision 2 has a much better organized arrangement.

This should be your board:

The revision 1.0, 1.1 and 1.x of the DS4 have the exact same heatsink layout. While the revision 2.0 has a better layout (unknown reason why GIGABYTE changed it, maybe because of complaints of large HSF not fitting?)

My DS4 Rev 2.0 with smaller northbridge heatsink:
        Last edited by GiggaByte; 12-10-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Last edited by stasio; 12-10-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Not sure if this will help or not, but I installed the Zalman CNPS9700 on my P35-DS3R just fine.

I did use the backplate but the heatsink installation instructions said you could skip that step "if desired". I know I don't have the same board but that passive cooler on the northbridge looks like it'll have more than enough clearance.

Comment

Thank you Stacio and Bugoff, exactly what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by GiggaByte View Post
                Thank you Stacio and Bugoff, exactly what I needed.
                Enjoy! :)

Comment

Originally posted by GiggaByte View Post
                  Hello, first of all I want to say koudos to GIGABYTE for making this a fantastic board, I have not had a single problem with it yet.

Second, is there any chance of adding temp monitoring to the northbridge itself?

Third, I notice P35 chipset seems to have a little high latency in memory benchmarks compared to I975X, does GIGABYTE plan to try and reduce latency with a future bios for this board?

Forth, when my RAM is overclocked and I have RAM voltage on "normal" the board will automaticly give my RAM 2.08 volts instead of the default 1.8. Having the RAM volts set on "normal" should default it to 1.8v correct? I have to set the volts to 1.85v to run it at the lowest volt possible, I tested my RAM and it can do it's current overclocked speed at 1.8v just fine. Perhaps this is a bug in bios?

Fifth, does GIGABYTE plan to add a chipset strap option in bios for us overclockers? I know there is "sort of" a strap setting with memory multi but thats not exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway those are my questions for now, GIGABYTE did a great job with F8 bios and a fantastic job with F9, keep up the good work. This is by far the best motherboard company I ever used.
                  Would anyone happen to know anything about my other questions?

Comment

and a fantastic job with F9
                    Your wrong about that one

Comment

Working...
                    X