X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.S. Need some help please

Hello all.

I need ALOT of help here.

I'm trying to get the most out of my puter without having to buy a new one, as I cannot afford to do this.

I have never attempted to do an over clock before, I'm puter illerate to say the least. I have listed my system specs below, I cannot find my motherboard model # and of course HP has no clue of what this puter shipped with. Can anyone in the know please tell me if the speed on this thing can be clocked up? Also how to go about doing this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Just A Sailor,
    Rob

Found out what motherboard is inside, I opened the case up and came up with this:

Asus CUW-AM

Comment

Since it's an OEM board, you're not likely to have many options for overclocking.

You say you're not very computer literate, so, if I were you, I'd start investigating and educate myself before attempting to overclock.

Comment

You'd really need a new motherboard and video card at least before going further with this. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo and Morgan,

Thanks for the replys.

Wiggo, can you suggest an appropriate cost effective motherboad and sound card to meet my needs?

I'm not looking for a super puter here, I just want to get above 1ghz without having to spend another 1,000.00 to do so. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Motherboards such as Abit's VH6T, Asus TUSL2 & TUSL2-C, Epox EP-3ASA/+ & EP3TA, plus quite a few others should do as they will take the CPU ya have atm and take current Celeron/PIII CPUs as well.
            Most of these have onboard sound in some fashion though anything from a lowly GF2MX400 video card will run rings around your present setup but for future DX8 requirements you will need at least a GF3 video card.
            The real question is on what you plan to do with the PC and how much you want to spend. Doin' a search of Price Grabber and Best Buys will help a lot for looking and comparing prices of certain parts and configurations. :smokin:

Comment

Wiggo,

Thanks again for the heads up. Will search and compare as you have suggested. Maximum spending at this time will be in the price range of $400.00.

As far as what I'm planning on doing with the system, mostly working on engineering prints, and other wonderful resorce gobbling programs that have to do with work.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

If ya not doin' any gamin' a Matrox video would be better for it's superb 2D quality. ;)

Comment

Believe it or not the only games that are loaded on this puter are those that came with the system. I really don't have the time to do much gaming anymore, 18 hour days are endless nowadays will all that's going on abroad.

Will check out Matron video. Once I think I have what I need I will post here to make sure I'm not making another mistake as far as my purchases go.

Had I known that buying a namebrand(HP Huge Piece of $#**)computer was going to be this much of a pain believe me I would have went clone from day 1.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X