Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help starting my Gigabyte GA-N650SLI system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help starting my Gigabyte GA-N650SLI system.

Hi I decided to build my own system and I have a Gigabyte GA-N650SLI, a pentium dual-core E2140, 600W EZ-Cool Silent SLi pPFC Power Supply , 1GB MicronMajor, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 5
    and a 8800gt graphics card.

I've been trying for a week now but I cant get it to boot up. The fans get going and the PSU lights up when I power on but there is no beep and no signal to the monitor. I have tried checking all connections, taking out all but the cpu, reseating the cpu...etc... but nothng!

Re: Need help starting my Gigabyte GA-N650SLI system.

no beep and no signal to the monitor

sometimes is because PSU, can you try another one?

Comment

But would i still be getting power to the fans and drives if it was the PSU? I suppose I could try the one in this computer but its 3 years old and only 250W.

Comment

Can You Borrow One?

Comment

No I dont know anyone who would have anything different to this old one. It does have a cpu 12v, but only 20pin main. Would it hurt to try it to see if it will atleast get it started?

Comment

250 watt??? check the cards recommendations for power supply I think that is a bit low for that card ??

Comment

Yeah it is for the card but I was thinking I could test it to see if the board bleeps on with the 250w and then I will know that its the power supply that is the problem.

Comment

Using an underpowered PSU like that may cause new problems if it blows out and fries something.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I dont think you understood. I just directed the question to the guy who said the PSU was the problem, that if I try the PSU(250w) to see if it will post boot, will it be safe? I wasnt planning on using it, but thanks for the advice.

Comment

PSU issue, sometomes is because you forgot link the ATX 12V powercable. If you sure you did it well, try another thing. maybe it is a CPU issue.

Comment

I feel like I've linked and relinked the 12v cable about 20 times!

I've also reset the cmos by removing the battery and preplacing it after a minute, several times ....and everything I've told you above.
                      Last edited by ghostofmaxwell; 12-20-2007, 12:58 AM.

Comment

SO ...
                        TRY ANOTHER cpu

Comment

Huh? How am I going to borrow a CPU?

Comment

well
                            The best and fast way is RMA it.

Comment

Working...
                            X