GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

Last edited by dosign; 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM.

Re: GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

Originally posted by dosign View Post
    So how about it guys, is optical S/PDIF working for you or is it the same as in my board that it will not work what ever you do? There is the red light but no signal coming out.
    I've connected it to my Yamaha receiver, and it's working great in Vista Ultimate with WMP11, Zune, Media Center, etc. I haven't tried gaming with it yet, but if it's passable, I'll be selling my Prelude, which is currently sitting on my desk. (If it sucks for gaming, then I have a dilemma, because I like the onboard SPDIF better than the Prelude for non-gaming usage, as it simply passes the signal through instead of recoding everything to 640 Kbps DD, including stuff like 448 Kbps DD from DVDs.) You did enable the onboard audio (the "Azalia" codec) in the BIOS, right?

Comment

Originally posted by tima092384 View Post
      ... You did enable the onboard audio (the "Azalia" codec) in the BIOS, right?
      ...And install drivers, select "Realtek Digital Output" as the default "Playback" device (YMMV - that's for Vista), unmute the audio, and so forth? I didn't have to do anything special. After uninstalling the Prelude drivers and removing my Prelude, I had the standard Vista "High Definition Audio" when I rebooted. After installing the Realtek drivers and rebooting, they were configured properly. It appears both the standard and Realtek drivers detected the optical connection and configured it automatically.

Comment

Mine works fine...did you try another cable? Optical cables are known for "breaking" and then failing to transfer the light/signal. I have my Boston Acustics system plugged in via optical, never had any problems with Vista HP x64.
        The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

Heat Team IRONMODS

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 01-07-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

RMA It?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
              RMA It?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                RMA It?

Comment