PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!

AngryN3rd
12-10-2001, 12:09 PM
hello,

while doing a little frame work on my Abit motherboard, my lithium battery that stores the BIOS information came loose, so i pulled up the little lever and it just snapped off. this prevented my computer from POSTing....since desperate times cause for desperate measures i used (and try not to laugh here) Duct Tape, to hold my battery in. I'm sure this isn't a very efficient practice, since the battery often comes loose from the tape and requires me to re-fix it (it took me over an hour to get it just right so i could turn it on to type this). Does anyone have ANY ideas on what i could do to hold the battery in better? I am in desperate need of help.

Andy
12-10-2001, 01:12 PM
blu tack?
superglue?
some sort of epoxy?

Olie
12-10-2001, 02:53 PM
hot glue gun would work well as long as your pc doesn't get too hot

MySTiCuSS
12-10-2001, 09:20 PM
Yeah Use some conductive tape or some glue that will do the trick!

Olie
12-10-2001, 09:23 PM
Yeah Use some conductive tape or some glue that will do the trick!

CONDUCTIVE TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!
ya wanna short circuit his whole system!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

AngryN3rd
12-10-2001, 11:29 PM
but doesn't the battery need something pushing it down, so glue wouldn't work would it?

sKuLLsHoT
12-11-2001, 06:44 AM
usually, there is a metal clip holding the top side down and it doubles as a terminal for the (+ve?) side of the button battery, the bottom side is the (-ve?) charge, so in anser to your question i guess, what u need is a combination of suggestions... possibly best to use some wire ot the like to complete the CMOS battery circuit, but use someblu-tac/hotglue/wax.... to hold it all down/together..

Albinus
12-11-2001, 07:55 AM
CONDUCTIVE TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!
ya wanna short circuit his whole system!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think MySTiCuSS was referring to thermal conducting tape, not electrical conducting tape ;)

AngryN3rd
12-11-2001, 08:21 AM
i still have the lever that holds the battery in..do you think i should glue that back into place? would that hold it down with reinforced strength, and also complete the circuit?

MySTiCuSS
12-12-2001, 04:17 AM
Yeah I mean the thermal one!! What else LOL

sKuLLsHoT
12-12-2001, 07:18 PM
maybe u could use some solder to repair it...

PS-RagE
12-13-2001, 11:07 AM
i still have the lever that holds the battery in..do you think i should glue that back into place? would that hold it down with reinforced strength, and also complete the circuit?

Heh, the "lever" that holds it in is also the ground/return for the battery. If you have the skill, fix it with solder