Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please!!!

hello,

while doing a little frame work on my Abit motherboard, my lithium battery that stores the BIOS information came loose, so i pulled up the little lever and it just snapped off. this prevented my computer from POSTing....since desperate times cause for desperate measures i used (and try not to laugh here) Duct Tape, to hold my battery in. I'm sure this isn't a very efficient practice, since the battery often comes loose from the tape and requires me to re-fix it (it took me over an hour to get it just right so i could turn it on to type this). Does anyone have ANY ideas on what i could do to hold the battery in better? I am in desperate need of help.

blu tack?
    superglue?
    some sort of epoxy?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

hot glue gun would work well as long as your pc doesn't get too hot
      TT Original

Comment

Yeah Use some conductive tape or some glue that will do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by MySTiCuSS
          Yeah Use some conductive tape or some glue that will do the trick!

CONDUCTIVE TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!
          ya wanna short circuit his whole system!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
          TT Original

Comment

but doesn't the battery need something pushing it down, so glue wouldn't work would it?

Comment

usually, there is a metal clip holding the top side down and it doubles as a terminal for the (+ve?) side of the button battery, the bottom side is the (-ve?) charge, so in anser to your question i guess, what u need is a combination of suggestions... possibly best to use some wire ot the like to complete the CMOS battery circuit, but use someblu-tac/hotglue/wax.... to hold it all down/together..

Comment

Originally posted by Olie

CONDUCTIVE TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!
                ya wanna short circuit his whole system!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think MySTiCuSS was referring to thermal conducting tape, not electrical conducting tape ;)
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

i still have the lever that holds the battery in..do you think i should glue that back into place? would that hold it down with reinforced strength, and also complete the circuit?

Comment

Yeah I mean the thermal one!! What else LOL

Comment

maybe u could use some solder to repair it...

Comment

Originally posted by AngryN3rd
                        i still have the lever that holds the battery in..do you think i should glue that back into place? would that hold it down with reinforced strength, and also complete the circuit?
                        Heh, the "lever" that holds it in is also the ground/return for the battery. If you have the skill, fix it with solder

Comment

Working...
                        X