GA-P35-DS3L and 1/2 RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS3L and 1/2 RAM

I need help here....Here is the set up, GP-P35-DS3L board, Core 2 Duo 2.33 E6550 processor, 2x 2 gig 800mhz DDR2 PC-6400 Patriot ram (PSD24G800K), X1600pro ATI video card. Here is the problem, I have both sticks of RAM in the correct DIMM slots, 11 & 13, for dual channel. When I go in to the BIOS it only shows 2 gig, when there is actually 4 gig physically in there. Ihave the F7 version of the BIOS which is most up to date, and from there I can not figure it out. The utility that came with the board says that the DIMM slots Max cappasity is 1 gig, but Gigabyte says its capable of 8 gig total. I know the issues with in XP and I can hang with that, but not with the BIOS only showing half the memory I really have. Any sugestions??????
    Last edited by mkuskie720; 01-07-2008, 11:31 AM. Reason: Discription

Re: GA-P35-DS3L and 1/2 RAM

Hi

i have f8b bios, will you try?

[email protected]

Comment

Yes please!! And if you could include some instruction on how to do it that would help. I do have the @bios add on, but I dont know how well that works.

Comment

Also to let everyone know, I just exchanged out the memory from Patriot, but the only thing that worries me is that I put one stick into another machine and it reads 1 gig also, but its not set for dual channel memory (older board). Is there anyway to tell if I have the right memory for sure and that it is not mis-labled again????

Comment

@bios works well under xp; don't check 'via internet' hit 'update' and it will ask you for the bios file, quite simple;

Dual channel is an option if the board supports it and you have the right amount of modules, it's not a necessity;
          More important is that the board supports the kind of ram, DDR, DDR2 or DDR3.
          (i think that's regulated with the position of the notch though)
          Last edited by Rewl; 01-22-2008, 04:41 PM.
          GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
          i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
          32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
          Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
          Seasonic G-550

Comment

All good now, Patriot kept sending mis-labled memory, so I went with Corsair and now I do not have any problems at all, finally the pc is right where it needs to be

Comment

Working...
            X