Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS4 Problems

Hi guys an gals!
    Got my new mobo and cpu for christmas but found that i cant install XP, it just locks up at different stages, no error messages or anything just completely freezes!! Think it might be a bad board?! Also the board wont boot up unless there is 2 sticks in the RAM slots! One doesnt boot up it just freezes on the Gigabyte splash screen!
    Any help is greatly appreciated from anybody!! Everything locks up! No respnso from screen or mouse or keyboard.
    C2D E6750 @ stock
    2GB DDR2 PC2 4200
    Coolermaster 550W Extreme
    Nvidia XFX GeFOrce 7100GS
    Attempting to install XP Home (tried Ubuntu and Media Edition 2005)
    Last edited by Shedimus; 01-07-2008, 10:52 AM. Reason: Added specs

Re: P35-DS4 Problems

Where is your DVD player hooked up to? Sata or Gsata?

Do not use the F9 bios use F8 or even better F7. Then use memtest86+ or windows memtest to check your memory.

Comment

To G-Sata but was previously hooked up to Sata so not that!
      I'm on F10 after F8 failed. Rev.2.0
      It locks up on memtest supplied on Ubuntu CD. Anything i try locks up

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 01-07-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Sorry mate only got a 24 pin connector!! Using my Dell at the moment which is techically a 23 pin caz its got 1 wire not there in the connector!!
          Waiting for new PS to arrive!! Hopefully tomorrow it will come. Dabs is bloody slow!!

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 01-07-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

There is a seperate 12 volt conection besides the 24 volt conection. see your manual page 23 item one thiis is a must for this board
              Build 10 November 07 so far not even a hiccup. No over clocking
              Gigabyte Poseidon Case, gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 , bios F11
              PSU corsair 620HX,
              CPU Intel C2D E6750 2.66 gig,
              Memory Crucial, 8 gig ,(4 X 2) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 1.8 volt
              GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.
              2 Seagate internal SATA HD, 1 Seagate SATA in Apricorn enclosure runing ESATA on the GigaByte(purple) conection. XP Pro 32 Vista HP 64 & windows 7 X64 triple boot using Boot Pro

Comment

when I was first setting up this board
                I had an audio problem. the fix was to remove the MS UAA bus driver . Then get the latest audio driver from Realtek and install . Don't recall where I got that information as I lurk several forums.
                PSU corsair 620HX,
                GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.
                2 Seagate internal SATA HD, 1 Seagate SATA in Apricorn enclosure runing ESATA on the GigaByte(purple) conection. XP Pro 32 Vista HP 64 & windows 7 X64 triple boot using Boot Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson80 View Post
                  There is a seperate 12 volt conection besides the 24 volt conection. see your manual page 23 item one thiis is a must for this board
                  Thats the pci-e molex aint it so its not required??!

Comment

negitive thats 12 volt atx. the pci e power is over on the corner of the board. PCIE Item #3 on Page 23, 12 volt ATX Item#1
                    see paragraph on12 volt ATX top of page 24
                    PSU corsair 620HX,
                    GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.

Comment

I think maybe ur RAM may have some stability issues because the motherboard doesnt officially support DDR2 533 [your PC2- 4200] well...the webpage doesnt say.

You may have to overclock your ram to DDR2 667, see if that helps.

The PCI-e 12V connector is only necessary when running crossfire or dual videocards for extra displays.

Oh yeah when you mentioned about the DELL 23pin thingy, DELL supplies OEM power supplies which are INCAPABLE with current motherboards except their own. Wait till u get the new power supply before deciding to RMA the board if you had it in your intentions.
                      Asrock P55-Extreme
                      Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
                      2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
                      ASUS HD5850
                      1TB Samsung SATA II
                      Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Comment

when I was first setting up this board
                          I had an audio problem. the fix was to remove the MS UAA bus driver . Then get the latest audio driver from Realtek and install . Don't recall where I got that information as I lurk several forums.
                          Last edited by dosign; 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I did reinstall the MS bus driver . The instructions I found were step by step

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. High Definition Audio System Software Ver:R1.72Installation and Setup
                            I think the Real Tek program might have reinstalled the MS just checked the RealTek site I see version 1.82 is out now
                            Last edited by Hudson80; 01-08-2008, 08:57 AM.
                            PSU corsair 620HX,
                            GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.

Comment

Solved!! Kind of....

Overclocked the RAM to 667mhz and new hard drive so not quite sure but then i decided i didnt wanna kill my crappy RAM and put it back to stock an voila unstable and locking up!!

So now its left overclocked until i get some 6400 RAM (gonna be a while gots no money left!) But cant play any games as the system freezes for 30 secs at a time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X