No announcement yet.

GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Rev2.0 - Penryn support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Rev2.0 - Penryn support?

Hey guys,

Ive read alot of bad stuff about this board, but this was kinda was after i bought it lol.
    Anyways ive had alot of trouble with O/C my 6600 but it does hit 3.6ghz which is alright i guess, except for the fact that 2 memory slot decided to fail after 3 weeks of having it (didnt even touch the memory voltages) its been fairly decent.

More to the point im wondering if this motherboard will support the 45nm cpu's? I know the DFI and Asus 680 boards do with a new BIOS update which u need to email asus support for. Just wondering if gigabyte supports it/or is going to support it?

Thanks heaps!

Re: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Rev2.0 - Penryn support?

Hey Ryan!
    And Welcome sorry it took so long to reply.
    This board is DOA, and they are offering no help with it so if you want to use the new 45nm chips good luck!
    I'm very suprised you got the over clock you have as most cant OC this with a quad at all.
    Here's a helpful link for you too.

They can offer you some support and feel your apin also as they were left out in the cold too.
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

I was hoping someone would get around to replying lol!
      My mate who was living with me bought the striker extreme which almost immediately had the bios update and he was able to use the 45nm cpu's.

Looks like asus are on top of things which gigabyte are certainly not.

Ive read through that thread on anandTech which there are certainly some angry gigabyte customers. Do u know if the bios update Janus has been giving out the FBb bios does anything different, because i certainly noticed no change.

Looks like ill just have to purchase a new MB some time down the track, btw its a E6600 i have not a Q6600 :P so u can see why it hits 3.6 alright lol

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Yeah my C2D flies with this board too [email protected] water cooled too :) I posted a new link trying to get support for this board be glade to see you post there with any and all issues your having!
        Good luck post back soon!

GIGABYTE needs no introduction but they are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!
        MSI X-99SLI
        Intel 5930K WATER
        EVGA Nilla 1080
        POWER!

Comment

45nm CPU...NO

Comment

Yeah,
            Thats why I said I'm surprised you got it that high lol. It states clearly on the package that it "supports 1333FSB EXTREME QUAD CORES" but I guess they just needed the money and don't really care about repeat customers who they stuck it to.
            I'm buying a different 780 board so as to over clock my Quad core, and gigabyte is just another of those manufacteriors that I'd never concider buying from again (kinda like spam email).
            thanks for posting Ryan!
            Good luck to you!
            MSI X-99SLI
            Intel 5930K WATER
            EVGA Nilla 1080
            POWER!

Comment

Good afternoon Ryan,
              Just wondering if you are following this over and Anandtech? We have Mr. Colin there from gigabyte. To help us out, as they locked our thread here for what ever reasons.
              Janus,
              I know you say it doesn't support the 45nm CPU's but the box says differently.........along with many other claims of greatness that the board doesn't fa fill either.

Anyways Ryan if your looking for support for them then join us over there here's the link for you to get there

Regards!
              MSI X-99SLI
              Intel 5930K WATER
              EVGA Nilla 1080
              POWER!

Comment

Hey jagger,

Yeah i have been following all 110 pages over at anandtech. Quite a good result in some way if u know what i mean..

The only reason i ask about the 45nm support is because ASUS and EVGA and XFX bought out a new bios to support it anyways....
                I even tried the new FBc BIOS with my friends E8400 because i did see that GIGABYTE have 'tested' this and it should work but my pc didn't even even boot at all.

Thanks for your replies, ill continue to keep looking back at anandtech for updates :)

Comment

Hello Ryan,
                  Just wanted to make sure you see the posting @ the other site. As they are taking action and wanted to make sure you did not get left out.
                  Regards!
                  MSI X-99SLI
                  Intel 5930K WATER
                  EVGA Nilla 1080
                  POWER!

Comment

Yeah thanks jagger im getting my new board from gigabyte :) Good work to everyone over at Anandtech ;)

Comment

Hello Mr Ryan12,

It's good to know that you are getting a new board. This of course means that you probably went for the X48, right ? From what I can recall you had 2 8800 GT cards in SLI. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards

Blazer

PS
                      you know where to find us.
                      ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
                      ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
                      LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Comment

Working...
                      X