GA-P35C-DS3R Audio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R Audio Problem

Just built a system using the Rev.2.0 of this board and I've been getting irritating audio probs since day one.
    Sound will play fine for a while and then every so often there's what I can only describe as a stutter, like electronic interference or as if the system is struggling to catch up. Happens in games and when playing music, even if it's just WMP or Winamp & nothing else running.
    I've tried Realtek HD Audio drivers from R164 to date and no joy.
    Anyone with the same prob and managed to solve it please tell me how, it's driving me nuts.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by grees00; 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM.

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Audio Problem

what is your hardware and software include in your system?

and your bios version and your bios setup?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Janus,

C2D E6600 @ 2.4
      PC2-5300 4X 1gb
      Nvidia 8800GT
      Wndows XP Home with SP2
      Pioneer DVD/RW DVR212D on the Intel SATA controller
      Boot drive - WD Raptor 150gb on the Gigabyte SATA controller.
      Storage drives - 2 x Seagate barracuda 120gb on IDE channel.
      Thermaltake purepower 680w psu.
      F4 BIOS, SATA channels in BIOS set to AHCI, no RAID.Everything else left on default settings.
      No overclocking of any kind.

Comment

will you try newer BIOS?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Janus but actually I think I've managed to fix it (Please God *prays*)
          I read on another forum of someone with this board who was having hard drive issues ,so I followed the advice there -

1)Connected the Raptor to the Intel controlled SATA0 port
          2)Connected the SATA DVDRW to one of the other Intel controlled SATA ports.
          3)Disabled the Gigabyte SATA controller in device manager

No audio problems since, either in games or music.Lets hope it stays that way.:-)

Comment

Hello!
            I have the same problem with P35C-DS3R v2.0 as grees00 had. Some weird audio stutter in random moments. It seems that the problem is with the Gigabyte SATA controller, but i have a PATA hard drive, and Gigabyte SATA controller is also responsible for the PATA devices, so I can't turn it off.

Is there a solution for this very annoying problem? I have installed the latest Realtek drivers (1.94) and flashed the latest version of BIOS (F11e)

Thanks in advance for any answer

Comment

If you also have the Microsoft HD drivers installed with the realtec drivers they will conflict.....uninstall the MS drivers.
              Take care,
              Rick
              GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

Microsoft HD drivers ? I don't think so...
                On this forum I found out about the DPC Latency Checker and I used it to record this picture:
                The red spike is the moment when the stutter happens. You can also see that periodically there is a small spike, but the audio playback doesn't stutter.

Any help please? Is there any beta BIOS for my MB that I could try?

Comment

Microsoft UAA driver you will find it in device manager. But yes there is a Widely known DPC issue >>>

Comment

I searched some forums and found that some guy had the same problem and that he got a beta BIOS from Gigabyte support (version F11f) which solved the annoying problem. Does somebody know how can I get this BIOS?

Comment

I think it is posted in that thread I linked just above

Comment

Working...
                      X