CPU/FAN Warnings-NO Beeps- No onboard Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU/FAN Warnings-NO Beeps- No onboard Speaker

So, with there being NO internal speaker how are we to hear beeps/cpu warning temp and Fan fail warning beeps? I can confirm that nothing happens

I set my cpu warning temp to 60C and turned up the voltages so I could hit that and cranked her up...And yeap, went to 63C and not beep or warning of any kind.

What is the point of setting a warning temp or setting if you do not see or hear a warning or the computer does not shut down?

Re: CPU/FAN Warnings-NO Beeps- No onboard Speaker

This is on My P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 and my 965P-S3 rev 3.3 boards

Comment

I think you need to either use EasyTune (although i think its' warnings are independent) or (pardon) just buy a beeper...i think that's how it's meant to work.
      GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
      i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
      32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
      Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      Seasonic G-550

Comment

I have some, just there is no where to stick one. I'd like it so if I am out of the room during orthos test or something I will hear it across my house. Easytune.....Na Dont use that too much. I have software that will warn me, I just think if it is in the bios well then WTF there should be a spot on the board for a system speaker

Comment

If you look physically at the F_PANEL pins, the far right 4 pins are the SPEAKER pins.

If you have a speaker, [or buy one from a computer/hardwareshop] plug in the RED wire into the + [positive] pin and the BLACK wire into the - [negative] pin.

NOTE: the pins are labelled with a + or nothing so you cant get it wrong, IF it doesnt work try switching it around the other way.
          Asrock P55-Extreme
          Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
          2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
          ASUS HD5850
          1TB Samsung SATA II
          Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Ahh...Totally overlooked that! Thanks, Ill try n find my speakers An test it out

Comment

Damn, cant find the 2 I have. I guess Gigabyte cant afford to ship a $1 item with a $150 board!

Comment

No! you already had your sata-bracket and your way too short sata-cable lol
                GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
                Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                Seasonic G-550

Comment

Right, that I will Never use anyhow. Nice to have eSATA I guess, But who wants a hard drive laying outside your case? I can see where it may be helpful though I guess.

Sure wish they would have shipped their boards with the speakers, I have 2 boards now with no speakers as I cannot find my old ones that came with My Older Intel crap boards

Comment

I wonder if it would be too much to ask to have some shipped out?

Comment

The gigabyte enclosures have a small speaker built in. with cable to reach the board.
                      Build 10 November 07 so far not even a hiccup. No over clocking
                      Gigabyte Poseidon Case, gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 , bios F11
                      PSU corsair 620HX,
                      CPU Intel C2D E6750 2.66 gig,
                      Memory Crucial, 8 gig ,(4 X 2) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 1.8 volt
                      GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.
                      2 Seagate internal SATA HD, 1 Seagate SATA in Apricorn enclosure runing ESATA on the GigaByte(purple) conection. XP Pro 32 Vista HP 64 & windows 7 X64 triple boot using Boot Pro

Comment

The $150+ and $110 boards I bought did not come with a speaker, but has bios options for it. I think gigabyte being a quality company that they are should definately include these (And I would like to get some shipped to me, that would be nice).

They come with cheap intel boards even, I can't believe Gigabyte does not include them with their boards

Comment

wat?! doesnt your case already have one built in or bundled with it --- i THINK ALL cases should have speakers inside unless you bought a dodgy brand =.=".

But yeah I've got the P35 DS4 REV 1.1 and it didnt come with the speaker, but my case supplied it already, so it could just be lying in your case all along!
                          Asrock P55-Extreme
                          Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
                          ASUS HD5850
                          1TB Samsung SATA II
                          Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Nope, I have a Raidmaxx Sagitta no case speakers that I know of or remember. I may have it tucked away and forgot about it, but I dont think so

Comment

The cheap intel boards have speakers because they are physically soldered onto the board itself! unlike ours we have to plug it in seperately.
                              Asrock P55-Extreme
                              Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
                              ASUS HD5850
                              1TB Samsung SATA II
                              Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Working...
                              X