GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

I have a brand new GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 motherboard, just installed Vista on it 2 days ago. Last night i went to boot it and i get stuck in the endless reboot process. I dont know what to do. I cant get far enought to get into the BIOS and i have never overclocked it.. I tried clearning the BIOS and removing the battery for 10 mins.

Any ideas?

i have already opened a case with Gigabyte GTS.

Re: GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Have you tried removing a stick of ram to get into the bios?

Comment

edit: woops, proper reading sure helps

Hmm..the usual course of action is to start plucking the componenets hoping it will start to work again at some point, then put them in 1 by 1 again.
      Did you pull the powerline too when taking out the battery? (and make it 20 mins to be safe)
      Last edited by Rewl; 01-27-2008, 08:03 AM.
      GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
      i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
      32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
      Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      Seasonic G-550

Comment

It's the same thing that happened to me with the X38 DQ6, in same case the motherboard start alone after 20 or more cycle, as happened here in Italy at an user.... Sometime there aren't any possibilities to revive the bios..... so... good luck

Comment

I don't have this board, but I read a thread somewhere months back that removing the video card from the PCIe slot and installing an old video card in a standard PCI slot allowed the person back into the bios with the notorius P35C. They also cleared the DMI once they were able to access the bios. Not sure if it will help, but worth a try if you have an old board laying around.

Dave

edit: There must be something common to all the Gigabyte boards (P35, P35C and X38) exhibiting the same rebooting problems. It's a strange thing to be happening across different platforms. Do they all use the same bios chip?
          Last edited by dave_99; 01-27-2008, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave_99 View Post
            They also cleared the DMI once they were able to access the bios......
            When my revision 2 board (P35C-DS3) did the same thing I eventually got into the BIOS by stripping all the hardware from it apart from one stick of memory, graphics card and CPU. Previous to needing to do this the board / system had been perfectly stable and running happily for two months.
            I decided to clear the DMI (I wish I hadn't) as it then switched itself off and NEVER came back on again. It would then only start-up with all the fans etc working (but never get to display the BIOS screen) and make two long beeps.
            I got my money back on that board, but I'm not too sure if I made the right choice to buy another one to replace it, albeit a revision 2 P35C DS3r...!!

This board has been fine up to now using the F10 BIOS, apart from quite a large vdrop / vdroop concern.

I am so very disappointed that motherboards today are still VERY vulnerable to BIOS failures, which can render them totally useless, especially those boards which no longer have socketed BIOS chips.

EDIT: Even boards that purport to have dual BIOS support can still end up dead if one BIOS fails to boot.
            I do find it difficult to believe that manufacturers haven't yet been able to resolve this issue and still include a BIOS flashing application that works via Windows. In my opinion flashing should be done only via a floppy, USB or CD drive from first boot.
            Last edited by VimesUK; 01-28-2008, 03:08 AM.
            Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Comment

geat mistake infact have the bios chip socketed.... I think that many many problem could be resolved differently......

Comment

So you're saying that probably faulty bios-chips have been used?
                GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                Seasonic G-550

Comment

I don't think it's the chip in itself but the bios as programm not happy

Comment

On my P35 DS4, I did get an endless reboot cycle...BUT it was only when i overclocked my cpu from 333 to 390FSB.

Yeah i think your BIOS is screwed over, try RMA the board
                    Asrock P55-Extreme
                    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
                    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
                    ASUS HD5850
                    1TB Samsung SATA II
                    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Had a similar problem on my son's new GA-P35-DS3R. He was running Vista 32-bit with RAID enabled in the BIOS (but only a single HD). The system worked fine for about 6 weeks then one morning he tried to turn it on and got this cycle reboot behavior. I think something happened to cause the BIOS to reset itself like it might after a bad O/C (except he wasn't overclocking).

When the constant reboot cycle was going, it was impossible to do anything, but starting from a cold power-on I was able to enter the BIOS - the ICHR was set to IDE mode and other setting were back to defaults. So I restored all his settings including RAID. At that point Vista would boot, but only run for a few seconds before crashing and going into cycle reboot again.

Finally fixed it by doing 3 things: He was running BIOS F6, so I updated him to F11, switched from RAID to IDE and wiped the trashed copy of Vista from his hard drive. Anyway, after a restore from the backup of his old XP system, everything has been fine for the last 2 weeks, running XP.

I still don't understand the root cause of the problem.

Comment

I think I'm just gonna go back to Asus

Comment

...yeah and get beta bios .001 increments in once-per-year intervals
                          it's the same junk everywhere

Isn't it strange?..all the major mainboard manufacturers are Taiwanese,
                          they all have extremely slow loading and crappy made websites..
                          and they all slack on bios programming...it's like it was only one big ugly company behind them.
                          GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                          i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                          Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                          Seasonic G-550

Comment

any one want to try f12a?

Comment

I will try it out, what support does it add to the bios? What new or changed features?

Comment

Working...
                              X