Enable RAID blue screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable RAID blue screen

had 1 drive in my system running Vista, non raid. Installed two more identical disks and plugged them into the Intel SATA ports like the other one was. Enabled RAID in BIOS and configured the new drives to RAID 0. Windows keeps starting up and blue screening and rebooting right away. Reboots as well loading into Safe Mode. Any clue what's going on? I can't load the raid drivers for the computer as it tells me my system doesn't meet the system requirements if I have the raid controller disabled. Probably because it doesn't seem to see it. Any clue?

Thanks.

JR<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->
    CPU
    [email protected] G0 Lapped
    Motherboard
    GA-P35-DS4
    Memory
    2GB OCZ DDR2 6400 CL 3 FlexXLC 3-4-4-12
    Graphics Card
    XFX 8800 GTS
    Power Supply
    OCZ GameXStream 700W

Re: Enable RAID blue screen

Since your controller is now running in raid mode, that's different hardware for windows. Switching back to single drive mode should at least let you boot up windows again...
    Did you install the intel matrix storage driver? If you didn't, try going back to previous settings and install it.

Anyway that's the kind of change windows really hates, you might need to reinstall.
    With vista however you do have a better chance, you can try F8 before bsod and start in safe mode, or play around with the system restore options from dvd boot.
    Workaround would be using the secondary Gigabyte sata controller for the additional drives.
    Last edited by Rewl; 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

Comment

Re: Enable RAID blue screen

with raid enabled boot up with windows CD
      F6 to install drivers

Comment

Working...
      X