Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Mouse Detection Issue

Hello all,

I just got my new windows XP system set up and am having a strange issue with my mouse. I have a microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000 and it has basic functionality. However, when I install the intellipoint drivers and open the mouse properties menu, I get an error saying "Some features may not be available unless you connect a microsoft mouse." I am unable to use any of the extra buttons on the mouse. Only the left and right button and the scroll wheel work.

I have tried both with and without installing the USB chipset drivers on my GA-P35-DS3R. I have used this mouse successfully on my old computer, which leads me to believe this is a motherboard issue with not detecting the mouse correctly.

My system specs:

Intel E8400
    GA-P35-DS3R Rev 2.1 (F11 BIOS)
    2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GT
    OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Penley; 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM.

Re: USB Mouse Detection Issue

When you open up the Intellipoint software, is the picture your mouse? If it isn't, you picked the wrong model during installation.
    i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Comment

It does have the picture of my mouse. And I can see all the options, they just don't do anything. And every time I open the mouse menu it says that I can't connected a microsoft mouse.

Comment

Even though the mouse is pictured you sure you picked the correct model from the bottom of you mouse when installing? If so, reinstall it I suppose and see if that helps

Comment

Problem resolved. I reinstalled windows (3rd time's the charm?) and installed an older mouse first, then uninstalled intellipoint and reinstalled my regular mouse. Then it detected correctly. I'm not sure why that worked, but I'm just glad it did!

Comment

Working...
          X