Fan Control Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Control Problems

Another question for you all, I have a P35-DS3R and using the latest version of speedfan, I am unable to adjust the speed of my CPU and case fans.

I have a Nexus 120mm silent fan on the CPU that is plugged into the 3-pin CPU fan header and I have a Panaflo 120mm fan plugged into the 3-pin sys fan 1 header. Of these fans, only the CPU fan shows an RPM reading in either the BIOS or speedfan and neither fan responds to changing the fan speed using speedfan. The Panaflo fan should be capable of RPM reporting and speed adjustment as it worked with speedfan on my old motherboard (DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D) I assume the nexus should as well, but it is brand new so I have not tested it on the old board.

The Panaflo fan is really loud so I am eager to get the speed under control. Any suggestions?

My system specs:

Intel E8400
    GA-P35-DS3R Rev 2.1 (F11 BIOS)
    2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GT
    OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Re: Fan Control Problems

Hi mate,
    I had the same prob recently with a GA-P35C-DS3R,what worked for me was to disable fan control in the bios,then in Speedfan go to configure/advanced and in the chip selection box at the top check that the PWM mode is set to "software controlled" for whatever sensors/fans you use.
    Hope this helps you mate.

Comment

Working...
    X