P35-DS3R settings problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS3R settings problem

I've got a P35-DS3R revision 2.0, F11 bios, Intel Q6600 and 2x OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition. My problem is with the memory, it's supposed to be 1066Mhz but this motherboard refuses to run it at anything higher than 667Mhz. These are the settings for this memory for the board from OCZ's website:

I don't seem to be able to change it, its like it wont load my settings.. I will save the settings and exit. PC powers off for a couple of seconds, comes back on, if I check the bios - no change. I've tried just changing the voltage and the SPD and keeping everything else to auto, still no change!

Any advice will be really appreciated!

Re: P35-DS3R settings problem

Try high speed dram setting 2 and put the subtimings on auto until you are sure the ram is ok. Try that, and also you can try 4~ instead of 4+ right? And you should be able to use 2.1 (+0.3) for your volts, I see only certain ones can run at 2.3 if it says so on your stickers.

If it will not run at this, then it is not good and I would send it back>>>>

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______Auto
    Rank Write to READ Delay______Auto
    Write to Precharge Delay______Auto
    Refresh to ACT Delay________0 or 42
    Read to Precharge Delay_______Auto
    Static tRead Value_______________Auto (This is performance level I can see for sure 5 not working, but use auto for now)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

*NOTE For later*
    Other factors impact the TRD (performance, or Static tRead) setting. If left on Auto then different values of Performance Enhance {Standard] ,[Extreme] . [Turbo]
    [Standard] = more stable but poorer performance [Turbo] = Opposite. So TRD = higher on Standard, lower Turbo
    If it does not work like that I would send them back, because you are right, that is stock and they should definitely run at those speeds and timings
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-09-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I have tested 2 lots of the same memory with this motherboard. I think its the motherboard thats the issue rater than the memory. It just wont let me change anything regarding the memory speed. cpuz sees it as PC5300.

Comment

Did you try it as I suggested? If so, I dont know what else to suggest other then try a older bios and see if that matters. Or, if you can, try that ram on another board to be sure

Have you tried 4 without + or ~ for ram strapping? If possible

*EDIT*
        What does it do if you overclock your cpu and use a smaller memory multi like 3?

Comment

I've got two lots of this memory and neither batch will work. Tried everything but it wont let me clock it at anthing other than its native setting at 667mhz and wont change. Will it be the memory thats the problem or the motherboard?

Comment

Motherboard, I cant run this board at 1066 with completely different ram. 2 diff lots.

Comment

Working...
            X