X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p35-ds4 rev2.1 power on password doesn't work

Hi there -

I did a straight swap out of my old mobo (AB9-Pro) for the P35-DS4

Everything else remained the same hardware-wise.

Now for some reason I cannot power on the system by keyboard. I set the option in BIOS and set the password, but when I type in the password, nada. I have to power on by physically hitting the power button.

I am using a PS2 keyboard and have tried other known working keyboards without success - USB keyboard is set to 'off' in BIOS... anybody have any thoughts?

Cheers!

Re: p35-ds4 rev2.1 power on password doesn't work

same here, i think that's due to the 'deeper' sleep state of the chipset/processor;
    it's stated in the manual that you won't even have a blinking led in standby

despite the loss in comfort (including the led) it's at least kinda ensuring that it's decent power-savings in stand-by
    Last edited by Rewl; 02-11-2008, 06:58 PM.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

Comment

Id say you may need a full windows reinstall. I dont know if it will help but it is generally not good to just switch out boards because of different chipsets and drivers and much more other things as well.

Comment

I did do a complete reinstall of the OS.

In any event it's not a software issue. I'm talking about powering on the system from a completely shut down state or resuming from standby. This is what I am unable to do via keyboard. This is a hardware/bios issue.

Cheers...

Comment

Try using a single letter as the password, for example the letter o. (lower case) Observe the caps lock light when you enter the password and when you use it to make sure it is in the same state. Caps Lock is the most common cause of failure.

Neither your Windows Install nor your sleep state would normally affect the simple ability to power-on from a shutdown. However, this particular board can sometimes drop into a non-responsive state. It's one of the flaws in the ACPI table in the bios. We're hoping for a fix in bios F12.

Comment

Aha! Thanks very much!

It now works when the password is a single character. If the password is two or more characters it doesn't work.

Hopefully a fix for this in F12? One letter passwords are hardly secure ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by strikett View Post
              Aha! Thanks very much!

It now works when the password is a single character. If the password is two or more characters it doesn't work.

Hopefully a fix for this in F12? One letter passwords are hardly secure ;-)
              Well, try to pick a very difficult letter to guess, LOL.

Comment

Working...
              X