Hi all,

Here is my sys

Gig GA-P35-DS3r F11 Bios
    e6750
    GTS 8800 512 Vid
    4gig Ram (tested with Memtest)

Here is what is happening:
    Hi All,

Got my system all set up and it is for the most part working fine. However a few things:

1. Once and awhile when I turn on the computer, the fans all start up for about 2 seconds, then it shuts of, does it again and again then starts up with default bios settings. I have bios overclocked to a FSB of 400, so nothing major.

2. Last night I put vista 32bit in sleep mode. Today I hit the space bar and it does the fan on for 2 seconds then off again...and it kept on doing this...I eventually shut it down and it started up.

The clock on computer is fine and it is a new board, so I don't think its the battary.

Thanks

Dave

Re: GA-P35-DS3R: Bios keeps resetting

Sounds like you need a bit more volts, maybe +.1 on the fsb and mch, and Memory timings being off or low on volts on memory can also cause this.

It happens because of a unstable overclock. You may also want to up your vcore a notch, but I would try adding .1 to the fsb and mch if you havent already

Here is a great P35 and P965 s3/ds3/ds3r/dq6 thread that may help you stabilize your overclock a little better

Code:
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366

Comment

Originally posted by a573573 View Post
      Sounds like you need a bit more volts, maybe +.1 on the fsb and mch, and Memory timings being off or low on volts on memory can also cause this.

It happens because of a unstable overclock. You may also want to up your vcore a notch, but I would try adding .1 to the fsb and mch if you havent already

Here is a great P35 and P965 s3/ds3/ds3r/dq6 thread that may help you stabilize your overclock a little better

Code:
      http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366

Thanks so much, what a great write up. I printed it and will take it home.

Dave

Comment

Ya, there is a TON of info in that whole thread, but the main stuff to help you learn to deal with issues or overclocking is there on page 1.

Comment

just wait until it starts doing it when you dont overclock. thats fun.

Comment

Working...
          X