Are AMD Digging Their Own Grave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are AMD Digging Their Own Grave?

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Are AMD Digging Their Own Grave?"

Re: Are AMD Digging Their Own Grave?

I guess if you're the type of consumer who just does whatever the "Hype" dictates.... then AMD should do something soon. But as far as I can tell they don't want to really compete at the high end of the market just yet. They've never actually been perceived as the favorite "enthusiast card", though they do have some staunch supporters. So I would conclude that your expectations for the situation might be a bit off.

(Also sounds like you have two 3870 X2s that you really want to try out... but the fact is that they may not be what it takes to beat the 9800s.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cannyone View Post
      I guess if you're the type of consumer who just does whatever the "Hype" dictates.... then AMD should do something soon. But as far as I can tell they don't want to really compete at the high end of the market just yet. They've never actually been perceived as the favorite "enthusiast card", though they do have some staunch supporters. So I would conclude that your expectations for the situation might be a bit off.

(Also sounds like you have two 3870 X2s that you really want to try out... but the fact is that they may not be what it takes to beat the 9800s.)
      I have to disagree, until the x19xx series ATi and Nvidia traded crowns just about every generation.

Comment

I use to be an AMD and ATI fan. I think they have had a brain fart or something. AMD seems stuck up to me and now they cant make a truly competitive CPU or GPU. They suck right now which bites, just sold my desktop and have around 1100$ to build a new one. Currently researching whats the best bang for that amount and AMD is totally not on my plans, as far as ATI I would say slim to none. Having said that I am open to anyones suggestions :)

Comment

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
          I use to be an AMD and ATI fan. I think they have had a brain fart or something. AMD seems stuck up to me and now they cant make a truly competitive CPU or GPU. They suck right now which bites, just sold my desktop and have around 1100$ to build a new one. Currently researching whats the best bang for that amount and AMD is totally not on my plans, as far as ATI I would say slim to none. Having said that I am open to anyones suggestions :)

Well, AMD not doing well right now isn't news to anyone. But their mid range stuff is still pretty good bang for the buck IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X