Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No video with a GA-EP35C-DS3R upgrade build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No video with a GA-EP35C-DS3R upgrade build!

First off, the hardware:
    GA-EP35C-DS3R 775 ATX Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Processor
    OCZ Platinum XTC Series 2GB PC-6400 DDR2 Revision 2 ram
    Visiontek Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card
    Corsair HX Series 620 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply

The bottom line is I have no video. I am unable to tell you what the bios rev is because I have no video. I bought the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card all brand new. I assembled the machine using proper ESD mats and straps with no issues. I powered the machine up with no monitor attached to simply verify that everything powered up. I received no post beeps of any sort. I then took the machine and attached it to a monitor and got no display. I re-checked all of my connections and tried again with the same result. At this point, I tried a different PCI-E video card. Same result. So far I have tried a EVGA 6600GT, a EVGA 6800GS, and the Visiontek HD3850 I just purchased. No video. I have tried two different monitors. Same result. I get no display at all. The power supply is a Corsair HX620 and the six pin power is connected to the video card. The hard drive is a Western Digital 74 GB Raptor that was in the machine prior to the parts upgrade and has Windows XP Pro/SP2 on it. My intent was to rebuild it with a fresh OS install once I can get video. As a last resort, I removed the ram to see if I could get any beeps from the motherboard. Sure enough on power up without ram, I got the expected beeps from the motherboard. I am at a loss and REALLY need assistance. Any and all help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Re: No video with a GA-EP35C-DS3R upgrade build!

Come on, all you experts! I know you are lurking out there! Does ANYONE have any suggestions as to where I go from here to correct this problem? Little help here!

Comment

Do you have "Init First Display" set to PEG in the bios?
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-26-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Do you have "Init First Display" set to PEG in the bios?
        I'm guessing he'll not be able to set that, since he can't see the BIOS Settings on the screen...

Do you have a PCI card, attach to board and then change bios as Lsdmeasap says...
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM.
        Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
        Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
        16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
        Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
        I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Comment

Yeah, Spec I guess I ws sleeping when I suggested that!

Yes, please try to find a PCI card and see if that works, and look to make sure nothing is shorting out the pci slots behind the board.

If you dont have a PCI card it may be RMA time as it seems after trying 3 cards you could be in need of a RMA.

I know my board booted into the BIOS just fine with the setting I mention on either of the 3 settings so it is not a must, but should be checked if you indeed end up getting inside the bios

Comment

First off, thanks to the both of you for responding. I will look for a PCI card to use. Are either of you aware of any issues with OCZ ram and compatability with this motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by manimal29 View Post
              First off, thanks to the both of you for responding. I will look for a PCI card to use. Are either of you aware of any issues with OCZ ram and compatability with this motherboard?
              sorry, no idea on RAM compatibility with this board.
              did you check the gigabyte site for this board, is the RAM listed ?

Also, can you try this..
              Remove VGA card, remove all RAM sticks, and hard disks.
              Remove the CMOS battery and reset using the pins.
              Reattach VGA card and connect Monitor cable, switch it on.
              DO NOT attach HDD and RAM.
              Try starting, it should beep a couple of times, like it's screaming mad as you didn't put the RAM.
              If the above works, attach 1 RAM stick on the first slot and then boot.
              See if the BIOS and screen come up. Let us know how you go.
              Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
              Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
              16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
              Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
              I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Comment

UPDATE:

I have not reset the CMOS by removing the battery yet, but I have removed the ram and sure enough, I get the angry post beeps indicating no ram onboard. I have also gone and tried one stick of ram at a time and still have no video. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Try removing the CMOS battery or putting a jumper on the "Clear Cmos" pin. Do either for at least 5 minutes or so with no power supply plugged in.

That or a PCI card if you have one is the only things I can think of, you may been in need of a RMA and probably shouldnt wait longer if you dont have a pci card to test this. Most E-tailers only allow a 30 day RMA after that you will have to send to Gigabyte. So if you can still RMA to where you bought it, it may be best since you dont have things to test with otherwise

*EDIT*

Do you have a different power supply you can test with? Could be the power supply came with a dead rail you never know. I would also test that as well

Comment

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel ridiculous saying this now after all of the help, but when I originally composed this post, I put down the wrong Model # for my board! The CORRECT Model is the GA-P35-DS3R, NOT the GA-EP35-DS3R. Does anyone have anymore ideas?!

Comment

The E does not matter, it is just energy feature. So if you dont have a PCI old graphics card I suggest RMA before you dont have time to

Comment

Working...
                      X