extra fans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra fans??

i have a geforce 4 ti 4400 and an amd anthalon xp 1800 based system... i'm using a ECS K7S5A mobo that i've heard has power issues.. mainly that it freezes if the power supply isn't strong or good enough.. anyways... i only have a 300w psu and was wondering if you guys think that i need extra case fans to cool my system.. i am only using the one case fan that it came with... also how much of a drain will they be on my psu.. would i need to upgrade that as well... thanks for the info...

Extra fans will never hurt. And as to how much of a drain it will be on your system, well... that depends on the fan. If you look around, you'll be able to see what kind of wattage it will draw from the PSU. To start you off in your research, here is the address to Delta: http://www.deltaww.com/

As for your current PSU, if you start to have issues, then replace it. Some 300 watt units are built very well and can take the extra workload. Others can't.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Quite a few ppl's problems have been fixed by fitting chipset coolers to them. Aparently it's held on by frag tape, but then there's no guarantee that it will work as I've had no issues there, only the PSU when used with and Athlon, but many others have also been having problems with boards using 2 sticks of memory plus a lot of bad BIOS flashes as well. :(
      I think they really rushed this board out to stick to a timetable.
      Over at OCWorkbench forums they have a divided forum dedicted to this board and you could drop the whole TT Forums into it and it will probably rattle still. Oh and that's divided into last years threads and this years. :eek:
      Mind you they don't have too much trouble with Durons in them and 1 good stick of ram. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i haven't had any problems with mine, my friend has though. but i was just wondering if adding extra case fans would cause problems... coz my system seems to be running hot..

Comment

if i were you..i wouldn't even ..bother with with fans..just open your panel that the way i have mine and works just fine just every once in a while blow it with some endust (compressed air) my new 'puter with have five fans three exhaust and two intakes but that alreay becuase i got it with it... Just open i have no trouble and mine runs cool....any ways Peace! : peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            Quite a few ppl's problems have been fixed by fitting chipset coolers to them. Aparently it's held on by frag tape,
            Yeah, and it doesn't have a fan either...So it'd be a sound suggestion to put an active chipset cooler on just incase. And if you plan on FSB overclocking, it may even help there too. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
              if i were you..i wouldn't even ..bother with with fans..just open your panel that the way i have mine and works just fine just every once in a while blow it with some endust (compressed air) my new 'puter with have five fans three exhaust and two intakes but that alreay becuase i got it with it... Just open i have no trouble and mine runs cool....any ways Peace! : peace2:
              That's not the best way to do it. If you have a decent fan setup in your case, then you can easily get better temps than with the side open.

Comment

I agree with you all the .100% that is why i am getting a decent fan setup in my new case. This case i have now is no good when it comes to fans (why becuase there is no space for 'em). I am running a P3 933 HSF thats it...and right now i am having no trouble with it YET. I understand tho why he should go with fans; but, if money or anything else is an issue i would run it with out the panel...i think its better than having closed without fans...don;t you think? Anyhow : peace2: He can also have an issue with ribbons in the way and resrtciting air flow.
                - Damien

Comment

If your temps go down dramatically with the case open then there is a need to do something about ya air circulation in ya case. A couple of holes cut into the side panel plus a couple of well positioned fans and grills is pretty easy to do. :smokin:

Comment

okay.. thanks for all of the advice... um... one question is what is the normal temperature for my system to be running at...

amd anthalon xp 1800
                    512 mb ddr ram
                    gf4 ti4400

and how can i check from windows xp

really i'm just going by touch.. it seems pretty hot to me.. much hotter than my old one...

Comment

anything over 50c under full load and you should start doing something about it.

You can check in your BIOS, or download a program like Motherboard Monitor and use that to monitor your temps. The old 'by touch' test isn't really the best way to go.. :)

Comment

thanks.... i'll go check that program out..

Comment

The link for MBM is here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and info on how to configure it there also. ;)

Comment

My computer has an extremely good fan setup (11 fans total)...however....I'm not sure when it comes to celcius so I'm gonna give it to you in farenight I'm actually quite curiuos...well forone thing my parets are money saving freaks and they have the house set to like 78F during the day and they turn it off altogether at night the house usually creeps up to like 82F.....so that should explain why my computer runs hotter then most comps...my main question is this........during the day my processor runs on average of 104F but at night it'll creep up to 109F is this bad for the processor with the constant up and down up and down of the temperature?

Comment

You should be just fine with those numbers. 104F equates to roughly around 40C, so you'll do just fine.
                              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                              My Toys

Comment

Working...
                              X